Other B4J v7.50 BETA is available for download

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4J v7.50 BETA. This update adds the new auto-bookmarks feature.

Improvements:

• Auto bookmarks feature:

B4J_AUq1iGgJ6q.png
    • Recent code positions and designer layouts appear as tabs in the window title.
    • The IDE decides on the list of tabs based on several factors (recency, modifications and others).
    • The list is saved together with the project and restored when the project is loaded.
    • The window can be dragged directly from the tabs.
  • Ctrl + Click on layout files from the code:

B4i_lh6eQY0UA6.png

• Issue with BaseFolder in command line builder fixed.
  • Latest versions of internal libraries are included.
  • Bug fixed.

The beta version can be downloaded here: www.b4x.com/b4j/files/beta.exe

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the autobookmark feature is very handy, well done.

at first it looks a bit odd but for me it's not a problem that it is (currently) in the title bar.

the only thing that would make more sense is sorting on edit behaviour.

right now the sub I last worked in is at position 4 and the process globals where I changed something after the edit of "sub 4" is at position 6.

it would be more ergonomic(al?) if I could just switch between 1 & 2 for the last edited 'subs' instead of 4 & 6.

besides that very handy that you know where you will end without going through several bookmarks first or using ctrl-home+scrolling to reach the global variables.

scrolling through the sources updates the tabs all the time and you will lose the subs you were working in. Maybe it's better to update them only on code changes?

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can auto bookmarks be deactivated?

Upvote 0

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel the select all (Ctrl+a) shortcut doesn't appear to work in 7.5 beta. Others seem to work eg Ctrl+f

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
the only thing that would make more sense is sorting on edit behaviour.

right now the sub I last worked in is at position 4 and the process globals where I changed something after the edit of "sub 4" is at position 6.

it would be more ergonomic(al?) if I could just switch between 1 & 2 for the last edited 'subs' instead of 4 & 6.

besides that very handy that you know where you will end without going through several bookmarks first or using ctrl-home+scrolling to reach the global variables.

scrolling through the sources updates the tabs all the time and you will lose the subs you were working in. Maybe it's better to update them only on code changes?
Once the IDE decides which items should be displayed it sorts them based on the page name and the sub name. This is important to make the list more stable.

Several factors are considered when the IDE gives a score to each "sub". Code change is a strong factor. Recency is also an important factor. The last visited sub will appear.

Can auto bookmarks be deactivated?
Give it some time. You will see that it is very useful and you don't lose anything.

the select all (Ctrl+a) shortcut doesn't appear to work in 7.5 beta.
I see it too. Will be fixed.

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Give it some time. You will see that it is very useful and you don't lose anything..
I'm sure they are useful.

But in a circumstance in which I did not keep the window in full screen it gave me the idea of confusion. Maybe if you could choose to have only 2 or 3 instead of 5 ... or temporarily deactivate

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it sorts them based on the page name and the sub name.

Indeed I just saw it. but this makes things extremely confusing. a sub that you just enter suddenly comes inbetween the others due to the alphabetic sort while you expect it to appear as tab 6 replacing the oldest 'touched' sub.

imho it should sort on that calculated factor or you need to constantly look at which number you need to press especially when paging through the source.

In B4J the process_globals can be even a sticky one at spot 1. which is always handy to jump back to where you last added a variable but then the tabs should be document related and not project related which gives more room for tabs of/for the current working source.

When I look at my current 'status' I have 1. Main Process_Globals which is there because that's where the project opened.
All the others point to the actual class I've been working in. So 1 tab is 'lost' since it's project based.

Upvote 0

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
Recent code positions
i testet it even. no offense.
for me its not in the field of view, the code is on the left and the Recent on the right part of screen.
more useful for me are shorter mouse movements vertical. means near by where we clicked the cursor position in source code.
i prefer to have this useful features flexible in the toolbar or any place hovering at screen.

my left desktop fhd
Snap_2019.06.06_11h17m17s_001_.png

Upvote 0

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
You're happy, you're nowhere near as happy as I am.

Thank you Erel :)
If I were Erel , managing 4 great products , getting paid from 2 of them , seeing how community like my products and providing an excellent support ,I would be the happiest man :D

Upvote 0