Other B4J v7.80 is available for download!

Discussion in 'B4J Questions' started by Erel, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

This update adds support for copying and pasting layouts between the three platforms. This is an important feature that will make it simpler to build cross platform applications.

Improvements:

B4J download link: www.b4x.com/b4j.html

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  2. agraham

agraham Expert Licensed User

There is a minor inconsistency in the installation experience between B4A and B4J. In B4A the desktop shortcut checkbox is ticked by default. In B4J it is not.

3. Erel

It should be unchecked by default in both installers. Might be related to a setting from a previous installation.

4. agraham

agraham Expert Licensed User

Hmm. I almost always make a shortcut, but having said that I can't remember what I did for B4J last time - but I did
    have a desktop shortcut before installing v7.8. If I remember i'll see what happens next time (though at my age I'll probably forget :()

5. Pendrush

Pendrush Well-Known Member Licensed User

I think Check/Uncheck is remembered from previous installation.

6. MicroDrie

MicroDrie Member Licensed User

After installation of the B4J version 7.80 I notice two things:

1) With the out-of-the-box KVS Cloud application I start the B4J Client in Debug mode. Then when I start the Non-UI server application (console / server application) it seems that the B4J 7.80 IDE try to to start the UI. The message appears :(:
    Waiting for debugger to connect ...
    shell switching to alternate port: 9054
    shell switching to alternate port: 9055

After the timeout period, the server version is stopped. Creating and started the jar file version of the B4J KVS client and starting the server version of the KVS cloud solution everything works as a charm.;)

2) The B4J version 6.80 claims the whole vertical screen height and is not respecting the height of the Task bar in contrast to the B4A IDE version 9.50:(.

Let me immediately use the opportunity to say that I think the possibility to copy IDE elements between the designers of B4A and B4J is fantastic.:)

7. Erel

1) It is not related to v7.80. The debugger behaves exactly the same as in previous versions. You can only debug one app at a time.

2) I'm not familiar with such issue. You should start a new thread and provide more information.

MicroDrie and Peter Simpson like this.
  8. MicroDrie

I've gotten used to all sorts of weird things in Windows. I do press the windows key, you have more important things to do.
    upload_2019-9-12_13-57-44.png

9. keirS

keirS Well-Known Member Licensed User

Just installed 7.8 and the search box has disappeared in Quick Search?

[​IMG]

10. MicroDrie

In my Dutch version the fast search function works with the recent Java jdk1.8.0_201 version.
    upload_2019-9-15_12-34-58.png

11. klaus

klaus Expert Licensed User

It has not disappeared, but has moved to the title bar.

upload_2019-9-15_12-50-48.png

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    jmon, Erel and MicroDrie like this.
  12. keirS

keirS Well-Known Member Licensed User

I really really don't like that. I have a dual screen setup. My main screen is the code window and all the other dockable windows are on the second screen. Seems very counter intuitive to enter a search term on one monitor and have results turn up on another.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice