Other B4J v7.51 is available for download

Discussion in 'B4J Questions' started by Erel, Jun 11, 2019.

1. sorex

sorex Expert Licensed User

Klaus, you're right.

When the window is not in maximize mode and I enter something in the search field and then I keep pressing that text even without moving I can see an error message flashing but it goes away right away.

Then the docking of the log didn't work and things frooze untill I pressed ESCape then things behaved normal again.

Pressing escape seems to be the key to get out of it. (tested it a few times)

2. MarcoRome

MarcoRome Expert Licensed User

Hi Erel if i download B4J at the following address ( https://www.b4x.com/b4j.html ) when I install the same I always have version 7.32
    Where i wrong ?
    Thank you
    Marco

upload_2019-6-12_8-29-40.png

3. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Just tried it and it shows the correct version. Maybe you are running a cached download.

MarcoRome likes this.
  4. MarcoRome

MarcoRome Expert Licensed User

Yes right.
    Thank you

5. Erel

I've uploaded a beta version of v7.51: www.b4x.com/b4j/files/beta.exe

The difference in this update is that the ability to drag the window directly from the title bar elements is disabled. I expect it to fix the issue several developers encountered. Developers who encountered an issue related to the search field should try it and report their results.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  6. agraham

agraham Expert Licensed User

Looks like v7.51 works fine now - except for the high dpi issue :)

Erel likes this.
  7. sorex

here it behaves normal aswell. on the highlighted search text when you now drag away you get the placement icon to drop the string somewhere else.

that flashing error box doesn't appear either.

Erel likes this.
  8. klaus

klaus Expert Licensed User

It works as expected :)!

Erel likes this.
  9. sorex

I now have difficulties to reach the selected search result line.

sometimes I need to doubleclick a line 5+ times before it goes to that specific line.

single click doesn't work.

I notice that when it finally worked that the search panel got highlighted for a moment (purple) which is not the case on the other clicks.

not really a blocking issue but I just mention it.

10. klaus

I notice this too.

11. Erel

Not sure whether it is related however you aren't expected to double click on the results. A single click should be enough. Does it make any difference?

12. agraham

Double click on a line in the Quick Search pane always works, but a single click only works every other time. It looks like it is waiting for a double click without any time out after the first click.

I've never noticed the lack before, as I don't often use search but instead use the double-click highlighting in the scroll bar to locate items, but a line number in each result line would be useful.

13. agraham

Regarding two clicks on a result. If the present line is one that highlights, like Sub or End Sub, the first click removes the highlight but doesn't move the insertion point in the editor. The second click moves it.

14. klaus

It works OK in B4J version 7.32, the selected line is in the middle of the IDE height.
    In version 7.51beta1 it works sometimes with one click, or need two clicks.

15. inakigarm

inakigarm Well-Known Member Licensed User

(clicked on the amount button)
    Tried on Chrome and it doesn't work.
    Tried on Firefox, and works fine --> contribution made !

Erel likes this.
  16. Erel

Beta #2 was uploaded. It should fix this issue.

http://www.b4x.com/b4j/files/beta.exe

Peter Simpson likes this.
  17. sorex

Works fine again, thanks!

a mini cosmetic thingy... when you double click the search entry starting with a dot it doesn't highlight the first character (dot)

18. Erel

Good. I prefer not to make any more changes now, though I'm unable to reproduce it. Can you post a screenshot?

19. agraham

Yup. Seems fine now - except for the high dpi issue :)

20. sorex

here you go

search.gif

but as I wrote it's just a cosmetic thing. it's not a blocking factor so it can be put at the end of the to-do list.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice