Other B4J v7.50 BETA is available for download

Discussion in 'B4J Questions' started by Erel, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

I'm happy to release B4J v7.50 BETA. This update adds the new auto-bookmarks feature.

Improvements:

• Auto bookmarks feature:

[​IMG]
      • Recent code positions and designer layouts appear as tabs in the window title.
      • The IDE decides on the list of tabs based on several factors (recency, modifications and others).
      • The list is saved together with the project and restored when the project is loaded.
      • The window can be dragged directly from the tabs.
    • Ctrl + Click on layout files from the code:

[​IMG]

• Issue with BaseFolder in command line builder fixed.
    • Latest versions of internal libraries are included.
    • Bug fixed.

The beta version can be downloaded here: www.b4x.com/b4j/files/beta.exe

2. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

I hardly can´t wait for the next B4A beta. I love this feature ;-)

moore_it, Num3, BillMeyer and 2 others like this.
  3. sorex

sorex Expert Licensed User

the autobookmark feature is very handy, well done.

at first it looks a bit odd but for me it's not a problem that it is (currently) in the title bar.

the only thing that would make more sense is sorting on edit behaviour.

right now the sub I last worked in is at position 4 and the process globals where I changed something after the edit of "sub 4" is at position 6.

it would be more ergonomic(al?) if I could just switch between 1 & 2 for the last edited 'subs' instead of 4 & 6.

besides that very handy that you know where you will end without going through several bookmarks first or using ctrl-home+scrolling to reach the global variables.

scrolling through the sources updates the tabs all the time and you will lose the subs you were working in. Maybe it's better to update them only on code changes?

4. Star-Dust

Star-Dust Expert Licensed User

Can auto bookmarks be deactivated?

5. DonManfred

From the b4xV5.ini
    Code:
    ShowAutoBookmarks=False

Peter Simpson and Star-Dust like this.
  6. Star-Dust

thanks

7. tchart

tchart Active Member Licensed User

@Erel the select all (Ctrl+a) shortcut doesn't appear to work in 7.5 beta. Others seem to work eg Ctrl+f

8. Erel

Once the IDE decides which items should be displayed it sorts them based on the page name and the sub name. This is important to make the list more stable.

Several factors are considered when the IDE gives a score to each "sub". Code change is a strong factor. Recency is also an important factor. The last visited sub will appear.

Give it some time. You will see that it is very useful and you don't lose anything.

I see it too. Will be fixed.

Peter Simpson likes this.
  9. Johan Hormaza

Johan Hormaza Active Member Licensed User

The truth has seemed extraordinary and even more so when you get used to it.

RandomCoder and Erel like this.
  10. Star-Dust

I'm sure they are useful.

But in a circumstance in which I did not keep the window in full screen it gave me the idea of confusion. Maybe if you could choose to have only 2 or 3 instead of 5 ... or temporarily deactivate

11. sorex

sorex Expert Licensed User

Indeed I just saw it. but this makes things extremely confusing. a sub that you just enter suddenly comes inbetween the others due to the alphabetic sort while you expect it to appear as tab 6 replacing the oldest 'touched' sub.

imho it should sort on that calculated factor or you need to constantly look at which number you need to press especially when paging through the source.

In B4J the process_globals can be even a sticky one at spot 1. which is always handy to jump back to where you last added a variable but then the tabs should be document related and not project related which gives more room for tabs of/for the current working source.

When I look at my current 'status' I have 1. Main Process_Globals which is there because that's where the project opened.
    All the others point to the actual class I've been working in. So 1 tab is 'lost' since it's project based.

12. Erel

It will be more confusing if they switch positions all the time (I did start with such implementation).

13. MarkusR

MarkusR Well-Known Member Licensed User

i testet it even. no offense.
    for me its not in the field of view, the code is on the left and the Recent on the right part of screen.
    more useful for me are shorter mouse movements vertical. means near by where we clicked the cursor position in source code.
    i prefer to have this useful features flexible in the toolbar or any place hovering at screen.

my left desktop fhd
    Snap_2019.06.06_11h17m17s_001_.png

14. Alexander Stolte

Alexander Stolte Well-Known Member Licensed User

is it normal that the background is so blue?

15. DonManfred

One can create themes with all colors he want ;-)

Peter Simpson likes this.
  16. MarkusR

MarkusR Well-Known Member Licensed User

Alexander Stolte likes this.
  17. Erel

No offense taken :)
    Note that you can use Ctrl + 1-5 to jump to the listed places.

Johan Hormaza and MarkusR like this.
  18. Alexander Stolte

Alexander Stolte Well-Known Member Licensed User

That would drive me crazy after a while. :confused::D

19. Peter Simpson

Peter Simpson Expert Licensed User

You're happy, you're nowhere near as happy as I am.

Thank you Erel :)

Johan Hormaza and Erel like this.
  20. somed3v3loper

somed3v3loper Well-Known Member Licensed User

If I were Erel , managing 4 great products , getting paid from 2 of them , seeing how community like my products and providing an excellent support ,I would be the happiest man :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice