B4J Tutorial [B4X] Additional libraries folder

The additional libraries folder can be organized in a way that allows sharing cross platform libraries between B4A, B4J and B4i.

From now on, the recommended way to organize the additional libraries folder:

SS-2019-02-26_15.03.08.png

Additional libraries folder is set under Tools - Configure Paths.

SS-2019-02-26_15.08.38.png

As you can guess, platform specific libraries should be put in the platform specific folder and cross platform libraries should be put in the B4X folder.
Note that the B4X folder is not relevant to B4R.

Last edited:

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wll the depending libs be found automatically when i open an "old" project i.e B4A oder B4J ?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Wll the depending libs be found automatically when i open an "old" project i.e B4A oder B4J ?
This feature is not related to old or new projects. If the additional libraries folder includes a folder named B4J (for B4J) then it will look for libraries in the B4J folder and B4X folder (if available). If there is no B4J folder then it will look for libraries in the set folder.
Existing configurations will work with no changes.

Is the targeted platform (b4a, etc) omited in purpose in the shown path?
Yes. The IDE will do it for you if you choose the B4J folder.

jimmyF

Licensed User
Longtime User
This makes a lot of sense but how do we configure the "SharedModules" folder now that there are so many B4X modules?

Or am I missing something obvious?

EDIT:
D'uh, yes, I AM missing something obvious. :D

Please disregard!

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
In my version 8.80 it will not work ?
Tried it, but failed

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Will this come,too (soon) ?
And: my latest Version of B4J is 7.00 ...

xulihang

Licensed User
Longtime User
If a lib is shared by B4J and B4A but not with others, where to put it?

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thats the point i wanted to know (question above) - but didnt know how to explain.
So it COULD be that a lib from the B4X subfolder is shown in my B4A Project, but i couldnt/havent to click it because it wont work ?

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can multi-subfolder support be added? What I mean is I want to be able to create subfolders (e.g: A "BANano" folder) inside the "IDE" folders. The IDE should then search said folders for libraries.

Jorge M A

Licensed User
No reason to use the old shared modules feature at all. It is only kept for backward compatibility.

Sorry, but I don't understand this comment... I'm working in three different projects, android specific, sharing my own classes and code modules (no libs), understanding this path is for this purpose. I'm missing something?... Thx.

Myr0n

Licensed User
Longtime User
Starting from B4J v7.30, B4i (TBD) and B4A (TBD), the additional libraries folder can be organized in a way that allows sharing cross platform libraries between B4A, B4J and B4i.

From now on, the recommended way to organize the additional libraries folder:

SS-2019-02-26_15.03.08.png

As you can guess, platform specific libraries should be put in the platform specific folder and cross platform libraries should be put in the B4X folder.
Note that the B4X folder is not relevant to B4R.

Just a comment,
I am using b4j 7.31 and with the suggested folder structure, and today I upgrade "[B4X] B4XTable" and I noticed that even copying the lib to B4X Folder or B4J Folder, I wasn't able to get the version that I just downloaded, I noticed that B4XTable is an internal lib then I deleted from there and now is working.