Android Question [B4X] Clickable text

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is it possible to write clickable text that triggers an event in a label-b4xview?
I mean in a normal Label, declared as B4XView, not some custom view (BBLabel or BBCodeView).

[BTW BBLabel seems to have no custom properties, BBCodeview only a couple and it's not easy to find them in the documentation: in which booklet to look for them?]

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can use CSBuilder in B4A and B4i to create clickable text. The exact code is platform specific.
With B4i it works with TextView, not label: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/csbuilder-attributedstrings-builder.79153/#content
Thank you but I would need it for the Labels of the header cells of the B4XTable, so I think the answer is that it is not possible.

I need to find a way to add a B4XImageView to that cell (clickable text would have been a workaround.), without the problems I've encountered.
I will continue with this question in one of my previous thread.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you but I would need it for the Labels of the header cells of the B4XTable, so I think the answer is that it is not possible.

I need to find a way to add a B4XImageView to that cell (clickable text would have been a workaround.), without the problems I've encountered.
I will continue with this question in one of my previous thread.

Thanks again.
Another workaround could be to use a font like awesome or material, but it wouldn't look great and I would also have to get the original font to be able to restore it.

Upvote 0