B4A Library [B4X] [XUI] AS TabMenuAdvanced

FRM

Hi. I am a beginner. Doing an assignment. I downloaded the AsTabMenu codes because we are supposed to have a bottom navigation for our project. I am running into error as i am missing a library.

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. I am a beginner. Doing an assignment. I downloaded the AsTabMenu codes because we are supposed to have a bottom navigation for our project. I am running into error as i am missing a library. View attachment 135838
Its because you have not selected the library.

Go to the first post and download the As_Tabmenuadvanced and place it in your additional libraries folder. Then refresh your libraries and Select it from there

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Update
    • BugFix
i cant change fonttype and fontsize in tab menu
But you can, there are several ways to do this.

Before you add the tabs:
B4X:
AS_TabMenuAdvanced1.TabProperties.TextFont = xui.CreateDefaultBoldFont(15)
Only for one Tab:
B4X:
AS_TabMenuAdvanced1.GetTab(2).xTabProperties.TextFont = xui.CreateDefaultBoldFont(15)
AS_TabMenuAdvanced1.Refresh
Add your own properties already when adding:
B4X:
Dim xTab As ASTabMenuAdvanced_Tab = AS_TabMenuAdvanced1.CreateASTabMenuAdvanced_Tab("Test Item",Null,Null)
Dim xTabProperties As ASTabMenuAdvanced_TabProperties = AS_TabMenuAdvanced1.CreateASTabMenuAdvanced_TabProperties(xui.CreateDefaultFont(15),xui.Color_ARGB(255,32, 33, 37),xui.Color_ARGB(255,45, 136, 121),xui.Color_ARGB(255,255,255,255),xui.Color_ARGB(255,60, 64, 67),0)
AS_TabMenuAdvanced1.AddTabAdvanced(xTab,xTabProperties)

Daica

Licensed User
Hi Alex,
Maybe this might not be related to your library, but I noticed that if a user change their font size or screen size setting on their phone, some of the menu options disappear.

Do you have any idea on how to fix that?

micro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Alexander
I am trying to use your AS-TabMenuAdvanced library, how can I select from code a Tab instead of clicking on with mouse?
One more thing, to add a tab I use:
Code:
menu.AddTab("",Utility.FontAwesomeToBitmap(Chr(0xF015),17,xui.Color_White),Utility.FontAwesomeToBitmap(Chr(0xF015),17,xui.Color_Gray))
How can I change from code the image/icon of the Tab?

Thank you and congratulations on the library

P.S.
I know it is inside your library the sub to convert from IconFont to Image but for convenience I use my utility sub

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
how can I select from code a Tab instead of clicking on with mouse?
B4X:
AS_TabMenuAdvanced1.Index = 4

How can I change from code the image/icon of the Tab?
B4X:
AS_TabMenuAdvanced1.GetTab(2).xTab.IconSelected = xui.LoadBitmap(File.DirAssets,"home_active.png")
Thank you and congratulations on the library
Thanks

micro

Licensed User
Longtime User
AS_TabMenuAdvanced1.GetTab(2).xTab.IconSelected = xui.LoadBitmap(File.DirAssets,"home_active.png") AS_TabMenuAdvanced1.Refresh
Thanks Alexander
however, if I go back to another Tab the Tab where I had changed the image returning to the previous image and if I go back to select it, it displays the new image.

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
however, if I go back to another Tab the Tab where I had changed the image returning to the previous image and if I go back to select it, it displays the new image.
I dont't understand your Problem.
Remember that there can be 3 different types of icons. If a tab is selected, the "IconSelected" is displayed, if a tab is not selected, the "IconUnselected" is displayed. When a tab is disabled, the "IconDisabled" is displayed.

micro

Licensed User
Longtime User
you're right, so it's okay
Thanks

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

ferliner

Hi, I have been using your class ASBottomMenu for a long time, with that class i could use the sliding indicator "inside" the menu bar (not in the bottom border)
Is it possible to achieve that with TabMenuAdvanced?

Many thanks in advance.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…