Android Example [B4XPage Video] Full tutorial on building Membership Registration App

This is a request from one of my subscriber. She is to develop an app to
1. Use Database to keep records
2. Add, Delete and Update DB
3. Create User Interface using any control available (UI)
4. Have a Search functionality.

This is a 3 part Tutorial and its a bit long (Sorry it was unplanned the idea keep changing thats why :D )

Enjoy. Please Subscribe

Part 1: User Interface and controls

Part 2: Code

Part 3: Adding Search and Converting to B4i (iOS)

Part 4: Bonus (Conversion to B4J)

Attachments

• MembershipProject.zip
    505.5 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for sharing, @mcqueccu.

I'm watching it (although in theory I should already be more than an expert 😊 ).

Obviously the following is not a suggestion for that project, for that video, as I would say it's a little too late 😄
It would have been better to use a B4XImageView instead of ImageView (for now I've only seen this far, the "splash" image).

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The Designer provides a color picker, you don't need an external one. Click on the down "arrow".

1700028356522.png

P.S. I see now that you used it for the Label but previously, for the Panel, you used an external tool.

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Certainly, B4XImageview is best, especially for crossplatform
The Designer provides a color picker, you don't need an external one. Click on the down "arrow".

View attachment 147776

Yes, I am very much aware. I previously saved some material colors in my picker so I was going to get them, but it was not there, so I ended up with what I got. I also use it to pick external colors from other websites and design samples

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice video (now I've seen it all). Maybe it was a little too fast for the less experienced.

It made me want to code 😊.

If you allow me a little suggestion: don't leave the default names of the views. Even the field description labels better have a meaningful name; for example, when you want to localize your app, for multiple languages.

Another tip is not to name B4XPages-classes with the "act" prefix, which is more suitable for Activities.

Thanks again for sharing this helpful video, @mcqueccu.

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi mcqueccu,
Your Video is useful for me to learn, I love it very much. Is there the sourcecode for sharing?

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes Please. I will attach it to the first post.
Thank you for kind of you, mcqueccu
Is there the example about field of the pictures how to keep it, how to manage it?

Last edited:

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi mcqueccu,
After I have test your app. The first I added 4-5 records,and then I deleted someone out of them. I have search another one ,it can found. When I set empty in the search edittext and pressed the search button ,it show the deleted record again.

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi mcqueccu,
After I have test your app. The first I added 4-5 records,and then I deleted someone out of them. I have search another one ,it can found. When I set empty in the search edittext and pressed the search button ,it show the deleted record again.
Okay, I will check it out and update the code.
The app is not fully tested, and there may be some few bugs. The tutorial is meant to introduce you to the concept and the logic, so this should be pretty easy to fix. It could either be the search query with the WHERE ACTIVE clause or the variable holding the ID.

Edit: Download the new example

Last edited:

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi mcqueccu,
After I have seen the moving to iOS ,I have tried it with B4J. I have the problems. one of them is about SQL and another one ,I don't know that it is.(I don't understand English) So I have attached it to you. Please help me.

Attachments

• ClassMembership.zip
    77.1 KB · Views: 55

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi mcqueccu,
After I have seen the moving to iOS ,I have tried it with B4J. I have the problems. one of them is about SQL and another one ,I don't know that it is.(I don't understand English) So I have attached it to you. Please help me.
To export a project in B4XPages, Goto Main, and CTRl+ Click on the EXPORT LINK COMMENT

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi mcqueccu,
I have also added Thai Subtitle

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User