Other Basic4android community wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good spot.

Looking at my source text, I can see that I've used the phrase "select..[some other text]..fr*m" quite frequently, so this is what is triggering the security problem.

Thanks for that!

JB

Upvote 0

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
BTW, apparently Erel was spot on when he said it might have something to do with Sql. It also explains why it doesn't matter how much text is between "Select" and "fr*m" since that's what the Sql syntax allows (I'm guessing).

Upvote 0

Merlot2309

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ha, ha, this happened to me just a few days ago, trying to answer a sql question. Well it's good to know for future use.

Helen

Upvote 0

JMB

Licensed User
Longtime User
More info

As Nford and Erel have said, neither the Wiki nor the Forums seem to like the word "fr*m", but it's presumably triggered off by some other content, possibly Select.

I've just tried to post a whole section into the Wiki and by painstakingly paring the whole thing down, I think that avoiding the word "f*om" is going to be the way forward. I can't see any matching "Select" words in my text so I am not really sure what the combination is, but I'm going to avoid "Fr*m" fr*m now on!

Weird weird weird. How on earth would you write a Wiki entry about SQL???

Here goes for ANOTHER rewrite of my AVD section! :)

JB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
From by itself will not trigger an error, as you can see. And from before select doesn't do it either, just when select comes first, as in Sql syntax.

I would like to see the other text that triggered an error with fr*m but without select. There must be some other Sql keyword in the text that works with fr*m.

Upvote 0

JMB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I will have to look carefully at my text for possible SQL constructs.

Next AVD section at last posted!

JB

Upvote 0

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, here's another fly in the ointment:

I just tried to edit Keywords in the Wiki and after making a minor change, tried to save and got the error. I tried just saving the original page and again got the error. So whatever in Wiki is causing the error has just started since I originally created the page.

Worse yet is that I took out the words "from" and "select" and still get the error, so at this point, I don't know what's causing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a way to post formatted code on the Wiki?

An example of some formatted code can be seen at Designer - Basic4android Wiki. You get this by just indenting the text and everything down to the next blank line is put inside a dashed box.

Some months ago, something changed and at least in Chrome, text in the box is a lot smaller than other text, and I don't know any way to change that.

If there are more sophisticated ways of formatting code in the Wiki, I've never tried them. You may want to look at this page: Help:Contents - Meta

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.