Basic4android v1.90 is released!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release Basic4android v1.90.

This version includes several important new features:

- Designer scripts - this is probably the most innovative feature added to Basic4android since the first version. It will make it much easier to support different screen sizes and resolutions. Designer Scripts Tutorial

- B4A-Bridge - now supports Bluetooth connections as well as wireless connections. http://www.b4x.com/forum/basic4andr...8-b4a-bridge-new-way-connect-your-device.html

- Java 7 JDK is supported.
- The logging system was improved and all error messages should now show in the filtered logs.
- List.SortType - new method that allows sorting items of custom types based on one of the type fields.
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements.

Notes

- Layout files created (or updated) with v1.90 are not compatible with previous versions. For that reason it is recommended to backup your projects before upgrading.

- The designer and debugger require Android 2.0 or above. Compiled programs are still supported by Android 1.6 or above.

Users who are eligible for a free upgrade should receive a mail with installation instructions.
Please contact [email protected] if you don't see the mail in 24 hours. Make sure to check your spam folder.

bryon

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

I didn't receive the download link for 1.9. Can you send it along please?

Thanks,
Bryon

Upvote 0

squaremation

Licensed User
Longtime User
:sign0098: Now I must find API for ps3 bluetooth

Upvote 0

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel

Your Designer Scripts is a massive productivity enhancement. We can now make coding tweaks and see them in real time. A really huge improvement for us, especially considering that we have many screen layouts to work with.

Great work...thank you...

Upvote 0

manolitoGnet

Licensed User
Longtime User
Concurrent versions (1.80, 1.90)

Hi guys,

Is there any posibilitie to have both 1.80 and 1.90 versions instaled and working on the same
pc?

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Your Designer Scripts is a massive productivity enhancement. We can now make coding tweaks and see them in real time. A really huge improvement for us, especially considering that we have many screen layouts to work with.
Thank you. When I first thought about this feature I was not 100% sure how it will be accepted. I'm happy to see that many of you find it useful.

Is there any posibilitie to have both 1.80 and 1.90 versions instaled and working on the same
pc?
Yes. There shouldn't be a problem.

Upvote 0

manolitoGnet

Licensed User
Longtime User
From what I understand though, once the project is updated to 1.90 compliance then it will not work on 1.80 (or least the layouts won't). Isn't this correct Erel?

Just a heads-up to manolitoGnet.

Yes you are right Kevin. I only want to continue some projects in 1.80 and migrate others to 1.90.

Upvote 0

goron

Licensed User
Longtime User
What can I say ?!

I am not sure if this is the right place to give you my thank.
What can I say ?!

As someone with about 30 years of experience in this area, I have
never before received such effective support as I got from the B4A
team.

The QoS and the swift action taken by Erel and by Klaus are notable !!!

From my point of view the level of support has been even more
important than the B4A product itself !

:sign0098:
Gideon Oron

Upvote 0

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am not sure if this is the right place to give you my thank.
What can I say ?!

As someone with about 30 years of experience in this area, I have
never before received such effective support as I got from the B4A
team.

The QoS and the swift action taken by Erel and by Klaus are notable !!!

From my point of view the level of support has been even more
important than the B4A product itself !

:sign0098:
Gideon Oron

I agree 100% !!!!

Upvote 0

fastlane69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry to be a pain but I've yet to receive my email. I've had "unconfirmed" troubles in the past so that may be it but do let me know what I need do to clear it up

Upvote 0