Basic4android v1.90 is released!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release Basic4android v1.90.

This version includes several important new features:

- Designer scripts - this is probably the most innovative feature added to Basic4android since the first version. It will make it much easier to support different screen sizes and resolutions. Designer Scripts Tutorial

- B4A-Bridge - now supports Bluetooth connections as well as wireless connections. http://www.b4x.com/forum/basic4andr...8-b4a-bridge-new-way-connect-your-device.html

- Java 7 JDK is supported.
- The logging system was improved and all error messages should now show in the filtered logs.
- List.SortType - new method that allows sorting items of custom types based on one of the type fields.
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements.

Notes

- Layout files created (or updated) with v1.90 are not compatible with previous versions. For that reason it is recommended to backup your projects before upgrading.

- The designer and debugger require Android 2.0 or above. Compiled programs are still supported by Android 1.6 or above.

Users who are eligible for a free upgrade should receive a mail with installation instructions.
Please contact [email protected] if you don't see the mail in 24 hours. Make sure to check your spam folder.

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Woo hoo! Thanks Erel.

I'll upgrade in a few days time, once things have calmed down sufficiently to allow me to do so! Just in the middle of making some App updates, once those have been done and I've kept a backup of them I'll upgrade :)

Upvote 0

myriaddev

Licensed User
Longtime User
Missing net and reflection libraries in v1.90 ?

Hi. Version 1.8x worked fine. When I went to
v1.90 final release, I had trouble not finding
net and reflection libraries and had to copy them
from v1.8x to v1.90. Problem may have been
with my PC. All is now working.

Upvote 0

Ricky D

Licensed User
Longtime User
no email

I didn't get an email Erel.

Has my 2 months expired?

If it has when I get more money I'll get full licence.

regards, Ricky

Upvote 0

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

You might just update your homepage to reflect the release of v1.9 instead of 1.8 :)

Upvote 0

MichaelSRoss

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just finished an app on an Android tablet that uses the camera, the GPS and SQLLite using v1.80 to capture pavement condition information. I find that the more I use it, the more I like it - it's a great product that makes it easy for us non-pro programmers to write very useful applications. Thanks for making it even better:sign0142:

Upvote 0

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel -- I thought I remembered your saying something about v1.90 having some changes in the debugger, possibly to help solve the problem of not being able to see all values for large arrays, etc.

Were any such changes made, or was that just my wishful thinking?

Upvote 0

Osi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for the release! This is actually my first version, and I'm loving it!

Upvote 0

birnesoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the mail!

I'm program since 2 weeks b4a
and I love it :sign0142::sign0142::sign0142:
so much.
1000 Thanks!!!!!!!!!

now I want to install b4a(V1.8/V1.9) on linux.
does it work with vmware and USB or b4a-bridge...?
or altenative.
wine can't handle .net
any experience?

Lieben Gruss Björn

Upvote 0

birnesoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
don't compiles in Debug mode

I tryed to load an old project v1.8 with 1.9
Everything is working perfect,
the programm startet on my mobile like before.
Juhu !!!
but when
I swich in debug mode it hangs.

Compiling code. 0.18
Compiling layouts code. 0.00
Generating R file. 0.00
Compiling generated Java code. Error
B4A line: 605
End Sub
javac 1.6.0_26
src\comass\real1_5\main.java:1271: StartDebugging(anywheresoftware.b4a.BA,int,int[]) in anywheresoftware.b4a.debug.Debug cannot be applied to (anywheresoftware.b4a.BA,int,int[],java.lang.String)
Debug.StartDebugging(mostCurrent.activityBA, 28505, new int[] {21}, "bf2f7f45-aefe-49f5-94f6-70c1af763ca1");}
^
1 error

I checked my code but I haven't make any changes in the source.
Has anybody an idea?

Gruss Björn

Upvote 0

Kristofferson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

I purchased v1.8 Enterprise Version and did not receive the download link for the upgrade.

Thanks! Great work!

EDIT:

Found it! It's in the spam folder. My bad.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Upvote 0