Basic4android v2.00 is released!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Basic4android v2.00 is now available. This upgrade is probably the most significant upgrade since v1.00.

The major new feature is support for class modules. With support for classes Basic4android now allows you to write both procedural code and object oriented code.
Object oriented code makes it easier to write and maintain large projects.

Basic4android v2.00 improvements:

- Classes

- Public and Private access modifiers

- Built-in documentation

- Better handling of tasks in the internal thread pool

- CallSubDelayed keywords - These keywords significantly simplify the interaction between services and activities.

- Building process improved and it now supports libraries with embedded resources (such as PayPal, Zooz, Samsung Pen and others).

- Bug fixes and other minor improvements.

Note that B4A.xml was modified in this version. The highlighting styles section was not modified.
The Reflection library was updated to support the new version internal changes.

V2.02 is now available. You should use the same link as the link to v2.00.
This version fixes several issues related to CallSub and CallSubDelayed keywords.

edgar_ortiz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great

Thanks, realy nice job :sign0027:

NOTE that any "personal" type must be defined JUST once.
(The Type keyword is used to create your own types or structures.)

Best Regards,

Upvote 0

pilbazan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great job

Thanks to Basic4android Team. Always supporting quickly to the community!
Great job! :sign0060:

Upvote 0

etLux

Licensed User
Longtime User
What a great job on this -- as always!

Many thanks!

I'd been away from B4A for several months -- what a pleasant surprise
to have V2.0 welcome me back.

Just got an ASUS TF300T (Transformer) this weekend, by the way, and
it works flawlessly with the new B4A bridge, etc. What a pleasure.

Best,

David
-----
David Sosnowski

The Music of David Sosnowski
www.DavidSosnowski.com

Upvote 0

frapel

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great great great work Erel !!!

Classes now give us the choice to use OOP way of implementing and reusing code...

:sign0188: :icon_clap:

Upvote 0

Jack Cole

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great great great work Erel !!!

Classes now give us the choice to use OOP way of implementing and reusing code...

:sign0188: :icon_clap:

Yes, this is a great update. The class modules open up a world of possibilities. It makes some more work for me converting some old code modules, but it is going to be a real time saver in the future.

Upvote 0

fabero

Licensed User
Longtime User
Basic4android v2.00 is now available. This upgrade is probably the most significant upgrade since v1.00.

The major new feature is support for class modules. With support for classes Basic4android now allows you to write both procedural code and object oriented code.
Object oriented code makes it easier to write and maintain large projects.

Upgrade problem: I'm actually at 1.70 version. I can upgrade at all to 2.0 or must do a step-by-step upgrade, so 1.80, 1,90 and 2.0.

Can be downloaded previous versions?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ondesic

Licensed User
Longtime User
my question was probably lost in the mix (page 4). Does this release have the ability to input your own alias for the keystore?

Thanks

Upvote 0

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am sure this has been answered before but I cannot find one. After downloading and installing version 2 I removed B4AShared.exe, core.exe, and core.xml from the libraries directory and all has been well.

However now I compiled in debug mode and am receiving this error which I cannot figure out:

Compiling code. 0.23
Compiling layouts code. 0.02
Generating R file. 0.00
Compiling generated Java code. Error
B4A line: 1711
End Sub
javac 1.6.0_30
src\world\animals\main.java:2992: StartDebugging(anywheresoftware.b4a.BA,int,int[]) in anywheresoftware.b4a.debug.Debug cannot be applied to (anywheresoftware.b4a.BA,int,int[],java.lang.String)
Debug.StartDebugging(mostCurrent.activityBA, 33028, new int[] {111}, "277ecc0d-5a94-431f-bfa7-1af5626b5878");}
^
1 error

Upvote 0

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
WOW! I literally walked out of the room, came back within a minute, and Erel already answered my question! I'm speechless...:D

Upvote 0

tpakis

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm currently using 1.8, can i install 2.00 at a different location and have them both running?

Upvote 0