Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4A v3.20.

This version includes many important improvements:
  • Visual designer
    • Anchors feature - makes it easier to target multiple screen sizes. See this short video.
    • Copy & paste - work both inside the layout or between different layouts.
    • Undo / redo feature.
    • The views are organized in a tree for easier navigation.
    • AutoScaleAll keyword now works with all variants, not just the "standard" variant.
    • Colors fields can be copied and the colors values can be pasted or directly typed.
    • Designer script find / replace dialog.
    • The grid is saved in the layout file.
    • Landscape / Portrait designer keywords to test the current orientation.
    • UI Cloud threshold reduced to 10 seconds.
  • #AdditionalRes attribute - Makes it possible to wrap Android library projects (projects with resources). See this example: jfeinstein10 SlidingMenu library
  • Sync button in the Files tab - Syncs the project files with the Files folder.
  • Modules added to the Find Sub / Module tool (Ctrl + E).
  • Tabs order in the IDE is preserved.
  • Modules files that were not modified will not be saved thus preserving the correct time stamp.
  • DateTime.SetTimeZone now accepts a Double instead of Int.
  • Shortcuts: F11 - Restart (rapid debugger), F2 in the designer connects to the device.
  • JavaObject v1.00 - new RunMethodJO / GetFieldJO methods.
  • Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
Notes

Users who are eligible for a free upgrade should receive an email with the download link. Please allow up to 12 hours for the mail to arrive.
Other users should receive a mail with a discount offer (it will be sent tomorrow).

I would like to thank the beta testers for their help with the continuing development of Basic4android.

Last edited:

BowTieNeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't seem to get B4A Bridge to work with the new version.

I reverted to B4A version 3 and B4A Bridge works with that.

Unfortunately I am running Windows 8.1 which is very flaky so it could be something to do with that. But I wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Upvote 0

Slacker

Licensed User
Longtime User
On Window 7 B4A Bridge runs good without any problem.

Upvote 0

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks like some good features in this release.

Guess I better start saving a few $$'s as it looks like my license has expired. o_O

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thanx erel for the great upgrade

i have a little question about AutoScaleAll

do i need to insert all Variant i want to run on my devices?

like if i have a galaxy2 i create variant 480*800 scale1 and sort all my views like i want
and now if i want to run my app on galaxy mini then i have to add variant 320 * 480 scale 0.5??

or i dont need to do anything only run my app on the default variant and it will do the scalling depend on the device it will run automaticly??

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately I am running Windows 8.1 which is very flaky so it could be something to do with that. But I wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem.

the designer is now running much slower then in version 3.0 and i am runing also win8.1

i am using usb debugging so it should run very fast but its not runnning fast at all

takes about 15 - 20 seconds to load the layout to the device it was not like this

EDIT:

in the last 3 hours i get at least 3 time stuck while compile
needed to force close of b4a, you need to check this erel

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Arturo Suarez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi!

I have an error in appp write and work fine in version Beta of the new version 3.20

In 3.20 released now, i have tha error

Parsing code. 0.11
Compiling code. 0.30
Compiling layouts code. 0.02
Generating R file. 0.64
Compiling generated Java code. Error
javac 1.7.0_45
src\b4a\example\main.java:88: error: cannot find symbol
if (BA.isShellModeRuntimeCheck(processBA)) {
^
symbol: method isShellModeRuntimeCheck(BA)
1 error

Can somebody help me please?

Thx

Upvote 0

ForceNL4

Licensed User
Longtime User
English (google translated ) :(

Thank you for the changes and additions, but I bought this program to version 1.4 but not worth approximately € 50 more to spend I know him a little English and in the field of programming and have not developed translations.

---

Italiano

Vi ringrazio per le modifiche e aggiunte, ma io ho comperato questo programma alla versione 1.4 ma altri 50€ circa non vale di spenderli io l'inglese lo conosco poco e in ambito di programmazione e non avete sviluppato traduzioni.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
do i need to insert all Variant i want to run on my devices?

like if i have a galaxy2 i create variant 480*800 scale1 and sort all my views like i want
and now if i want to run my app on galaxy mini then i have to add variant 320 * 480 scale 0.5??

or i dont need to do anything only run my app on the default variant and it will do the scalling depend on the device it will run automaticly??
You do not need to add variants. In fact it is better to keep the number of variants as low as possible.

I recommend you to start with this tutorial: http://www.b4x.com/forum/basic4andr...ing-multiple-screens-tips-best-practices.html

takes about 15 - 20 seconds to load the layout to the device it was not like this

EDIT:

in the last 3 hours i get at least 3 time stuck while compile
needed to force close of b4a, you need to check this erel
The designer shouldn't run slower. However I will track this issue.

Which app crashed? Can you post the logs? (better start a new thread for it).

Parsing code. 0.11
Compiling code. 0.30
Compiling layouts code. 0.02
Generating R file. 0.64
Compiling generated Java code. Error
javac 1.7.0_45
src\b4a\example\main.java:88: error: cannot find symbol
if (BA.isShellModeRuntimeCheck(processBA)) {
^
symbol: method isShellModeRuntimeCheck(BA)
1 error

Can somebody help me please?
Seems like you are referencing an old version of B4AShared.jar. Try to install v3.20 to a new folder.

Upvote 0

StevieDk

Licensed User
Longtime User
HI Erel
Thanks for the new versión, nice indeed and a great work you did :). However something is not working fine.i think :(
For a design script line like:
ImageView1.bottom ((Panel1.Height/2) + (ImageView1.Height/2)) where i am trying to put a imageview just centered in the panel, i am obtaining a compilation error:

Line value: ImageView1.bottom ((Panel1.Height/2) + (ImageView1.Height/2))
javac 1.7.0_25
src\b4a\example\designerscripts\LS_mainciegos.java:20: error: ';' expected
views.get("imageview1").vw.setTop((int)(((views.get("panel1").vw.getHeight())/2d)+((views.get("imageview1").vw.getHeight())/2d) - (views.get("imageview1").vw.getHeight())))
although the scrip runs perfectly at the designer.

I have checked on the .java file, and is true, there is a semicolom ";" left, and i can't add it manually because each time i compile, it rebuilds the scrpt file.
Maybe i am mistaken, is so, i beg you pardon for making you loose your time.

I add the .java file so you can check.
Thanks a lot for all your help.

Attachments

• LS_mainciegos - copia.java.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 347
Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@StevieDk It should be

B4X:
ImageView1.bottom  = (Panel1.Height/2) + (ImageView1.Height/2)

With an '='

Upvote 0