Other Basic4android v3.50 is released!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release Basic4android v3.50. This update brings major improvements to the debugging features of Basic4android.

With this update you can enjoy the rapidness and power of the rapid debugger with runtime performance close to non-debug deployments.

A new powerful watch expression feature is also available:

SS-2014-02-23_14.48.37.png

This allows you to easily evaluate expressions when the debugger is paused.

New features and improvements:
  • Rapid debugger runtime performance is now close to non-debugged applications.
  • Watch Expressions feature (see screenshot above).
  • The rapid debuggers uses a virtual assets folder. This makes it possible to redeploy only the modified files. This feature makes deployments of large projects with many files much faster.
  • Visual designer - Views tree performance is significantly better. Views preserve their names when pasting views between layouts.
  • #AdditionalRes attribute can be used multiple times.
  • ScrollView.ScrollToNow method (available in HorizontalScrollView as well). Immediately scrolls the ScrollView to the new position.
  • Quick Search tool (Ctrl + I) - An index based search tool for quick searching (in all modules):

k2v8.png

• Regions were added to the Find Sub (Ctrl + E) tool.
  • New attributes: #DebuggerForceFullDeployment and #DebuggerForceStandardAssets.
  • Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
There is a new style attribute in B4A.xml: CurrentLine. This attribute sets the color of the currently active line.
Users who are eligible for a free upgrade should receive an email with the download link. Please allow up to 12 hours for the mail to arrive.
Other users should receive a mail with a discount offer (it will be sent tomorrow).

I would like to thank the beta testers for their help with the continuing development of Basic4android.

Last edited:

Reviewnow

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

The Quick Search is awesome, I can now create 'TODO comments in the code and easily find them all

Example 'TODO: Convert this variable to double
'TODO: Code Breaks here Fix it

Again
Great Work

Upvote 0

dieterp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel

Ever since the new release, when I'm in debug mode and the system throws me out due a bug in my code, when I try to restart my program in Rapid(Debug) mode I keep getting the error message posted below. I need to kick it off in Release mode again before I can restart in Debug(Rapid) for it to load up. Am I missing something or is this the way it will work from the new release?

ava.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.EOFException

at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.virtualAssets(Shell.java:159)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.start(Shell.java:91)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.ShellBA.raiseEvent2(ShellBA.java:76)
at b4a.webcricket.main.afterFirstLayout(main.java:90)
at b4a.webcricket.main.access$100(main.java:16)
at b4a.webcricket.main$WaitForLayout.run(main.java:76)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:605)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4514)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:993)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:760)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException

at libcore.io.Streams.readFully(Streams.java:83)
at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:124)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.virtualAssets(Shell.java:131)
... 14 more

Upvote 0

bgsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel:

I realised that images loaded in webviews are not displayed in mode “debug (rapid)”. In other modes, as “debug (legacy)” and “release” are shown normally.

There is a simple example to check this:

B4X:
Sub Globals

Dim WebV As WebView

End Sub

Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime AsBoolean)

Activity.LoadLayout("Layout1")

WebV.Initialize("WebV")

Activity.AddView(WebV, 0dip, 0dip, 100%x, 100%y)
  WebV.LoadHtml("<html><body background='file:///android_asset/image.jpg'></body></html>")

End Sub

regards

Upvote 0