iOS Question Before I buy a mac >>> Extracting Project Error >> keychain password required

DKnowles

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel

Can you confirm that a Mac mini 2020 8GB RAM 256GB SSD, (brand new) is upto running the build server

Cheers

DKnowles

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, I now have a brand new Mac Mini 8GB 256GB SSD with a lovely M1Chip (what ever a M1 is!!!)
Before I start : I had a mac 15years ago so now have little or no experiance with Mac's e.g. windows user for better or worse.

1: Downloaded Java and the installer I am assuming its installed as I can run the builder (see below)

2: Downloaded and run XCode 12, created a test app and got the Hello,World app running on the Mac in the simulator

3: Downloaded and unzipped the B4i-Builder , its version 6.80, running B4i 7.2

4: Worked out what a Terminal Window was (equivalant to command promt for any other windows users)

5: Used Finder and mouse click to get New Terminal at Folder (note over the Builder folder before someone asks)

6: entered java -jar B4iBuildServer.jar in the terminal and ran

Capture.JPG

Note sure if this is working but its what I get on the screen :)

Back on the trusty windows laptop

opened B4i (v7.2)

opened the builder setup and unticked the Use Hosted Builder and put in the correct IP and port

buildersettup.JPG
Note the dialog needed the User Id so left this with the old Hosted Builder User ID, note sure if I need to create this on the Local Build server?

So to clarify the build Configuration is set up, the Bridge App all working and the app installed via bridge using the hosted builder all fine before I unclicked the Use Hosted Builder, note was getting repeated time outs for building a Release version hence the visit to the apple shop this morning.

Now I get

compile error.JPG

and for completeness doing a Release Build gives the same error

and the test for the buildserver gives

test.JPG

Any pointers as to how to move forward would be fantastic and appreciated

David.

Upvote 0

DKnowles

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel, dowloading new version.
B4i now talks to the Mac :), as new to local builder did'nt spot that each version of B4i had its own builder :)

Next problem
Mac is asking for a keychain password to access B4i in my Keychain

Capture01.JPG

What is this password, as looking on forum you have said this is a random password, just delete and B4i will recreate,but still asking?

I know I've missed a step somewhere :) , even tried downloading the B4i certificate thats mensioned for the device, but Mac just gives me the text, so no idea what to do with it..
Angain any pointers as to how to move forward would be fantastic and appreciated

David

Upvote 0

DKnowles

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure what causes this one. Several developers encountered it in the past and where able to somehow solve it.

Can you post the builder logs?
How are you starting it?

If you are new to B4i or Mac then it is easier to start with the hosted builder.

bl3.JPG

Now sending to Builder from Laptop

bl4.JPG

clicking the Deny button then gives

bl5.JPG

The Builder is in a folder call BS on my desktop

Lauch by right clicking and select New Terminal in Folder

then the java line at the top of the builder image

Erel I've emailed you the response from the PC as it includes I think private keys etc., but for everyone else last line is what comes back if I click Deny to the codesign request

/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign 560502F04EE20CCFDA677D094E8746A13F7B9A41 --keychain <user id> --entitlements /Applications/BS/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/RecordForBuildings\ for\ iOS.app.xcent --timestamp\=none /Applications/BS/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/RecordForBuildings\ for\ iOS.app
/Applications/BS/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/RecordForBuildings for iOS.app: errSecInternalComponent
Command CodeSign failed with a nonzero exit code

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
CodeSign /Applications/BS/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/RecordForBuildings\ for\ iOS.app
(1 failure)

Upvote 0

DKnowles

Licensed User
Longtime User
XCode all installed again, looked to ask the same questions
java - jar .... gives same
sudo java - jar .........

now asks for password, used my login password starts up and looks ok
hit compile on PC and get

Build settings from command line:
ARCHS = arm64
CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone Distribution: db Management Systems Ltd (NP2T32QTM3)
CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/davidknowles/Desktop/BS/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload
OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain <user id>
PRODUCT_NAME = RecordForBuildings for iOS
PROVISIONING_PROFILE = f4d18f72-33f1-4be9-8a0c-0154a7e256f5

note: Using new build system
note: Using codesigning identity override: iPhone Distribution: db Management Systems Ltd (NP2T32QTM3)
note: Planning build
note: Analyzing workspace
note: Constructing build description
note: Build preparation complete
error: "B4iProject" requires a provisioning profile. Select a provisioning profile in the Signing & Capabilities editor. (in target 'B4iProject' from project 'B4iProject')

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

:)

Upvote 0

DKnowles

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nope, will try v7.5 builder.
Also still can not use the hosted Builder for a release version, get timeout everytime, been like this for 6 days now, which is why we bought the Mac, have 7.5 on pc and that still just gave the timeout for build release app, works for the debug version at least so can keep coding but we need this fixed in next day or so as testers all lined up for thursday this week.

Upvote 0

DKnowles

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just installed builder for 7.5
Now fails to start in anything but sudo mode, with a io error can not write to .../BS750/logs folder
in sudo mode generated the following
error: "B4iProject" requires a provisioning profile. Select a provisioning profile in the Signing & Capabilities editor. (in target 'B4iProject' from project 'B4iProject')
note ticking the use hosted builder works fine for none release

Going to have to park this as a failed and loose the £700 to experiance for now.... starting a new ticket, for hosted builder server not working, getting timeout

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
Next problem

View attachment 116215
I use the hosted builder, but today I helped to solve a similar error (not b4x software - other similar software) the error was my friend used the wrong certificate/profile when trying to compile in release mode.. the keychain can be changed in your mac

Upvote 0

DKnowles

Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks will check that, got the hosted builder running for now, needed to change timeout process value to give it more time.

Upvote 0

gglaz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Next problem

Hi DKnowles,
I had the same problem on MacBooK Pro 2019 -> i9. Doesn't seem to be due to the processor.
For me it was due to the Java version: jdk-11.0.12. There are no problems with jdk-11.0.1.
You can use the terminal to list the installed Java version:
$ cd / Library / Java / JavaVirtualMachines
$ ls

Upvote 1