Android Question Blocked by Play Protect

Mrphone

hi guys :)

When installing the program, I get the error "Blocked by Play Protect" which is from Google Play ...
I know this error is related to the signing key, but I use my signing key.
Previously, everything was fine until I deleted my key signing key and then every key I made would get an error. :(
I do not know if this error is from "B4A" or not

Thanks in advance for your guidance 🌹🌹🌹

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Previously, everything was fine until I deleted my key signing key and then every key I made would get an error.
If you created a new signing key then you need to uninstall the app from the device first as the already installed app has another signkey used than the version you want to install.

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm assuming you are installing your app by "side-loading" it and not by downloading it from the playstore.

Play Protect could simply be blocking your app because you didn't download it from the play store.

This could also be due to you deleting your original key (that google was using to identify your apps). And now that you are using an unknown key, it thinks it is unsafe.

Make sure you have "Unknown Sources" ENABLED (checked) in the devices settings and you may also need to disable play protect (via the settings in the play store app)

Upvote 0

Mrphone

Thanks @DonManfred & @JohnC
If you created a new signing key then you need to uninstall the app from the device first as the already installed app has another signkey used than the version you want to install.
Yes that's right. I deleting
According to @Erel here I tried several methods and none of them worked.

This could also be due to you deleting your original key (that google was using to identify your apps). And now that you are using an unknown key, it thinks it is unsafe.
what's the solution?

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If the suggestion in post #2 by @DonManfred doesn't fix your issue, then I do not know why play protect did not block your app with the original signing key, but blocks it with the new signing key.

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Mrphone

As stated in post #7 of that other thread, did you ALSO change the package name along with using a different key?
Yeah.
I get an error even when I run a new empty project
Recently a friend of mine became interested in "B4A" and he also has a problem with his signature key

Excuse me, is it possible for you to create a new key and test it? (B4A 10.2)

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am out of ideas of what could be causing the problem.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How are you installing the app?

Does an app compiled in release mode without a key specified install OK? It should as I think it will then be signed with Google's debug key.

If you disable Play Protect, PlayStore Tab -> Play Protect -> Gear icon -> Uncheck "Scan apps ....", does it install then?

Upvote 0

Mrphone

How are you installing the app?
I install the application with side loading because if I install the application directly with cable or "B4A-Bridge", it will not give an error because Google Play does not check it .

Does an app compiled in release mode without a key specified install OK? It should as I think it will then be signed with Google's debug key.
If you disable Play Protect, PlayStore Tab -> Play Protect -> Gear icon -> Uncheck "Scan apps ....", does it install then?
Yes, the app can be installed, but Google Play does not recognize the program developer (unsafe)
If I want to publish the program somewhere other than Google Play, this error will not be displayed to users (it is not an error, it is a kind of warning)

Attachments

• photo_2020-10-27_21-27-21.jpg
    photo_2020-10-27_21-27-21.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 360
Upvote 0