Android Question Button component with icon and text

STIV RAEL GIACON

Licensed User
Hi, I'm new to B4A, I need a button so I can put an ICONE button, and just below the text icon, someone can help me, I could not find anything to do that. Thank you so much.

Jeffrey Cameron

Licensed User
Longtime User
Creating your own custom control for this is really pretty basic.
B4X:
+=================+
|   PANEL         |
|   +===========+ |
|   | button or | |
|   | imageview | |
|   |           | |
|   +===========+ |
|   +===========+ |
|   | LABEL     | |
|   +===========+ |
+=================+
Search the forum for CustomView there are many examples and tutorials including @Erel's videos: https://www.b4x.com/etp.html

Upvote 0

STIV RAEL GIACON

Licensed User
Jeffrey Cameron thank you very much for your tip, I thought of that too I will try to make staying here parked to help others. A big hug

Last edited:
Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In the B4X CustomView Booklet there is an example of a CustomButton with an icon and a Label.
The difference with your request is that it uses FontAwesome icons instead of images, but the principle remains the same. You can replace the icon Label by an ImageView.

Upvote 0

Jeffrey Cameron

Licensed User
Longtime User
Jeffrey Cameron muito obrigado pela sua dica, eu pensei nisso também vou tentar fazer ficando aqui estacionados para ajudar os outros. Um grande abraço

Fico feliz em ajudar, mas, por favor, poste em inglês no fórum em inglês como uma cortesia para outras pessoas usando o fórum. :)

Upvote 0

STIV RAEL GIACON

Licensed User
Jeffrey Cameron but seizing the opportunity. I looked at the exmplos that you gave me the tip. However my knowledge in B4A is still very small I could not walk much in the development of this Button with image. Could someone in the forrum help me or give me step-by-step documentation to develop a component of this?

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but none of them do what I need. Unhappily

Of course it can be done with B4a. Perhaps you should start to describe EXACTLY what you need (e.g. picture).

However my knowledge in B4A is still very small

This might be the problem. I strongly recommend you not to "give up" after 2 answers and leave the people who are trying to help alone with a "I have seen ALL threads and B4a can't do it". So come back to the issue and tell us waht you need. It's not a language problem as I can't understand what you write (even if it is translated by Google).

Upvote 0

STIV RAEL GIACON

Licensed User
First of all I want to really appreciate the answers to everyone's help. And I need to explain that I do not speak English I'm using Google Translate to make mine posts :( so please forgive me some mistake or misdeed.

Upvote 0

STIV RAEL GIACON

Licensed User
Thank you very much for your response. I made this image to exemplify what I am wanting I think a button of this type would help several people in the forum but I do not have enough knowledge to do this.

Attachments

• BOTOES.png
    BOTOES.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 186
Upvote 0