Android Question Combobox typeface change and adding items

harinder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi..
I was looking to add a string of days as items to a combobox and also change typeface:

B4X:
    Dim cs As CSBuilder
    Dim myFont As Typeface = Typeface.CreateNew(Typeface.LoadFromAssets("myfont.ttf"), Typeface.STYLE_BOLD)
    Dim s() As String =Array  ("-","7","10","14","30","60","90","180","365")
    For i=0 To s.Length -1
       spnrmks.cmbBox.Addall(Array (cs.Initialize.Typeface(myFont).Append(i).PopAll))
    Next

But I am getting error:
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Object[] cannot be cast to java.lang.String[]

Halp..Thnx

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
Change to
B4X:
Dim s() As String = Array As String("-","7","10","14","30","60","90","180","365")

Strangely, compiling without error , then removing "As String" it did not error again in subsequent compiles (debug mode)

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For i=0 To s.Length -1 spnrmks.cmbBox.Addall(Array (cs.Initialize.Typeface(myFont).Append(i).PopAll)) Next
this will add i, the loop variable.

Additional: If you want to use addall you need to create a list with all items first. then add the list with addall.

Shouldn´t it be
B4X:
For i=0 To s.Length -1
   spnrmks.cmbBox.Add(cs.Initialize.Typeface(myFont).Append(s(i)).PopAll)
Next
to add the items in the Loop?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

harinder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Adding items to a list and then changing typeface works fine as follows:

B4X:
    Dim s As List
    s.Initialize
    s.AddAll(Array As String ("-","7","10","14","30","60","90","180","365") )
    For Each day As String In s
    spndays.cmbBox.Addall(Array(cs.Initialize.Typeface(myFont).Append(day).PopAll))
    Next

Erel... I can use spndays.setitems(s) to add items to the combobox. But how do I change the typeface in this code line? Thnx

Upvote 0

harinder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel..thank you
Is it possible to change typeface without using the second list(as in your code) and the internal cmbbox(as in my code)?

Upvote 0