Licensed User
Longtime User
I was kinda bored, playing with Photoshop. Came up with these:
white.png

black.png

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Those are perfect for the biggest fans but, it's now B4A ;)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For now yes. We can always modify it.

Well, so I can accept the status of official nuisance :p

I'm not good with graphics.
Also I assume you've tried to make it very readable, not full of stuff.

However, so it gives me the feeling of a poor thing, almost made by an amateur like me.

Everybody loves colors and images.

I would do the "ballons" (strip cartoon?) a little smaller, perhaps with a picture in the background just behind them and I would highlight more "Rapid Application Development" (maybe I'd use a picture with the ballons on top, a PC display with the IDE opened on center and below many devices - mobile, PC, server...).

Finally, but more important, in first place in the "User Quotes" I would put obviously one of my first post :p (I have to find it, I was excited for B4A, but after I changed my idea: now I am even more :) ).

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For now yes. We can always modify it.

New Design looks great. Are you aware that the page does not fit on a 1024px width display (like the laptop has I currently use)?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

However, so it gives me the feeling of a poor thing, almost made by an amateur like me.

I would do the "ballons" (strip cartoon?) a little smaller, perhaps with a picture in the background just behind them and I would highlight more "Rapid Application Development" (maybe I'd use a picture with the ballons on top, a PC display with the IDE opened on center and below many devices - mobile, PC, server...).

Finally, but more important, in first place in the "User Quotes" I would put obviously one of my first post :p (I have to find it, I was excited for B4A, but after I changed my idea: now I am even more :) ).
I don't agree with the "poor" or "amateur"... To me it strikes me a lot more " Corporative"... A bit impersonal.. Like we are loosing the "family" feeling of our forum... Still, very slick and achieved design.

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Don't worry Paulo. Both of us are here for 7 years now. A new logo will not change the feeling :)
I'm just missing @agrahams comments and excellent libraries a bit (Ok, his libraries are still here but no new stuff).
Otherwise still the best place on the whole Internet here.

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Douglas Farias : one is interesting me (with a change in the text's content). Are you opened to sell some ?

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

On second thought ... I have not changed my mind, eh!

But the Web is not like television, in which the eye (and ear) must be met.

You see the Web page only you go to look for it.

So, the important things are the readability and that you understand on the fly what the products do.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm just missing @agrahams comments and excellent libraries a bit (Ok, his libraries are still here but no new stuff).
Otherwise still the best place on the whole Internet here.
+1...specially his pedantic side