Android Question CPU AMD-FX and SDK Android Emulator

ngr888

Hello.

I have a computer with AMD-branded CPU.
I installed B4A.
When installing the SDK Manager, I get a message that an Intel CPU is required.
Can I install and use the SD emulator?
Is there an alternative?
Continuously using B4A-Bridge is not very operational.

Thank you.

Greetings.
Hi.
I

ngr888

Thanks Erel for the reply.

All right.
I have managed to install and connect PC and mobile using Bridge with a laptop O K.
However, I cannot find a guide for the USB cable connection.
And my desktop computer does not have WiFi, only ethernet cable.
Is there a tutorial that details the installation for USB?
It seems that parameters must be set on both machines.

Still, I find situations in which it is more comfortable to use an emulator. Is its use really limited to Intel CPUs?

Greetings.

Upvote 0

ngr888

Thanks Erel.
Yes, in that thread the possibility of using USB is mentioned in passing and very briefly (5 or 6 lines).
My mobile established connection with B4A, but repeating messages such as:

DEBUG mode activated - USB waiting for data - DEBUG mode activated - USB waiting for data ... and so on.

Then it disconnects.
Interestingly Bridge also stopped working (???).

Upvote 0

ngr888

Erel.
In point 2 for installation we can read:
==========================
2. Android SDK + Required Resources
  • You need to download two components, both of them do not require installation.
  • Download Android SDK Command line tools
    Make sure to read and agree to the SDK license. Click on the Windows command line tools to see the license.
    Android Studio is not needed and will not be affected by the command line tools (which are always required).
  • Unzip it in a folder such as C:\Android
=====================
But the text l remarked leads to another page full of links to download more things (necessary? which ones?), there is no box or command line to "read and accept the conditions" as stated.

Are two (2) files to download?
- Android SDK command li e tools
- required resources.
Or should we download more from the mentioned link?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, in that thread the possibility of using USB is mentioned in passing and very briefly (5 or 6 lines).
There is really not much to do. If the correct USB driver is installed then it should just work. However don't fight with it. B4A-Bridge is completely fine for development.

But the text l remarked leads to another page full of links to download more things (necessary? which ones?), there is no box or command line to "read and accept the conditions" as stated.
You can see the terms when you click on one of the files. Then return to B4A page and download from that link.

Are two (2) files to download?
- Android SDK command li e tools
- required resources.
Or should we download more from the mentioned link?
Only the two files.

Upvote 0

ngr888

There I also explain my situation to other people who gave me help.

Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
NGR,
In relation to the USB connecting, with any luck you will have a charging wire with the phone connector on one end and a USB male plug on the other end. When that USB plug is connected into your computer female port you likely won't need any other file downloads to get your b4a connection to work. From the IDE click the run arrow and I think you will probably see that app in the IDE displaying on your phone. I had some B4A bridge problems and some IDE emulator problems when the USB connecting remedied the mess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0