iOS Tutorial Creating a certificate and provisioning profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbritop

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have downgraded to B4I 3.50 and now there is no problem. @Erel might this be a bug on v 3.60?

Last edited:

Manolete

Licensed User
Hi, I am first trying the b4i full version, I am getting this error:

Check dependencies
Provisioning profile "App Grupo Padilla Devel Ipad" has app ID "marza.appgp.*", which does not match the bundle ID "marza.appgp".
Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 10.1'

Where is my mistake?

Thanks,
Manuel

iCAB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Guys

I am trying to understand this certificate process

Here is a step by step of what I am doing and the issues I am facing

Step1
1. To start fresh I deleted all certificates and provisioning profiles
2. I created an app id with wild character (com.mytestapp.*) so i can build the B4ibridge
3. I used private sign key to generate the following 3 files: B4i.Keystore, B4i.p12 & certSigningRequest.csr
4. I used the .csr file in step 3 to create iOS Development certificate ios_development.cer
5. I create the provisioning profile for (com.mytestapp.*)
6. Now I have all 5 files in keys1 folder
7. Build B4I bridge ... so far no problem

Step2
I need to use a non wild app Id to test push notifications and firebase ( I know that I should use Adhoc etc,,, for firebase, but in general what if this was needed)
1. I create a new app id, for example: com.aba.app
2. I create a new folder keys2 on my local machine
3. I use the new app id and I use private sign to generate the following 3 files: B4i.Keystore, B4i.p12 & certSigningRequest.csr for the new app in the keys2 folder
4. going back to the developers console, If I click on certificates-> development, I see iOS Development greyed and (Maximum number of certificates generated) ... This is the first problem
Does anyone know why and how to workaround this issue??

Step3
I revoke the certificate I created in Step1 and repeat Step1 for com.aba.app. Now I have the B4Ibridge and the app both working ok.

Somehow the second day, b4ibridge stops working... I am not sure if this is related to Step3. I find myself repeating the above steps everyday.

Also while I was reading in the apple discussions form, someone said:
" You will use the same development certificate for all your apps development provisioning profiles", is this true? and if yes why:
1. When I try to create a development certificate I am prompted to select .csr (which i believe is related to app id/bundle)?
2. If I try copying the .csr file created in Step 1 and move it to Keys2 project, the compilation fails

Can someone please clarify what I am doing wrong in here.

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User

Hello! I have problems at the stage of "Private Sign Key". When I click Create New
I'm having a crash

When I do execute the Prodaction step inside the apple.developer I do not find the certSigningRequest.scr
Therefore I can not go to next step by your video instruction

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
There is a problem using the recommended method to get your device UDID if you are running iOS 12.x because it requires device management profiles to be installed over a HTTPS connection. It seems that get.udid.io isn't HTTPS, or the site certificate isn't valid.

You can use iTunes to get the UDID -> https://www.innerfence.com/howto/find-iphone-unique-device-identifier-udid

- Colin.

didimo73

Licensed User
You cannot install your app on any device without an Apple developer account.

@Erel an Apple developer account is needed (spending 99$) even to install the app on the device simulator included in Xcode (on a local macOS installation)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…