Android Question Debug an app from play store

Toky Olivier

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all,
Do you have any proposition to debug an app already deployed on play store? I tested before uploading in debug or release mode, there is no problem but after deployement, my app crash every time. I'm unable to find the bug(s)...

Thank you so much,
Regards

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
Without a little more detail and the source code and error detail it is impossible to say.

What I can say is that if it was tested and working before then something must have changed. Perhaps Google's required permissions for a later SDK? How long has the APK been active on the store?

More detail please....

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just login to your play console, and look at the crash logs, you should be able to see where the crash is coming from.
It could be:
1. App not compatible with some specific Devices or
2. App is crashing on specific android versions.

Both of this will direct you on what to do or which devices to test it on or which permissions to use based on android versions

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is a summary of the answer:
You can't debug an app in the play store, you can only check the crash logs,
Debug locally (your source code), recompile with a new version number, and post an UPDATE to fix the crash, and encourage users to update

Upvote 0

Toky Olivier

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is a summary of the answer:
You can't debug an app in the play store, you can only check the crash logs,
Debug locally (your source code), recompile with a new version number, and post an UPDATE to fix the crash, and encourage users to update
Thank you to everyone. I'll integrate crashlitics. That's strange to me that with the same device , there is a crash when installing from Play store.
Thank you !

Upvote 0