Android Question Device Button "Close all apps"

Antonio Ferreira

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A 9.8
When my B4A app is open and the device button "close all apps" is clicked, my b4a app is killed and not closing.
When I click the B4A icon for restart the app, I have a blank screen. I must do a "Force Stop" on my B4A app before restarting.
Is there any suggestion?
Thank you in advance

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I do not upgrade to 10.2 because I have an old b4a app where I must replace "CustomLisView".
How is that related to B4A version? You can use a modified version of CLV with any version of B4A. It might break other libraries such as XUI Views, but you are not using those libraries anyway.

Upvote 0

wes58

Licensed User
Longtime User
Big mistake. Always use the latest version.

Are you running the app in release mode?
I am sorry Erel, but I don't understand why you say that it is a "big mistake" to use previous versions? He has a working application with ver. 9.8 so, how does his problem relate to the version of b4A?

I still use ver. 7.8 with one of my application, because it is working, and I can't be bothered changing to AndroidX SDK (no advantage of doing this for existing application!), which latest versions force you to do!
And, as the saying goes: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I still use ver. 7.8 with one of my application, because it is working, and I can't be bothered changing to AndroidX SDK (no advantage of doing this for existing application!), which latest versions force you to do!
And, as the saying goes: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
Android is evolving. Every year Google raises the required targetSdkVersion. Every year a new OS version is released.
You will not be able to support these requirements and versions with old versions of B4A.

B4A is backward compatible. It will be easier than you think to upgrade to the latest version.

Upvote 0