Android Question Dynamic Quiz/Form Advice

Revisable5987

Licensed User
I currently have two applications built in B4A & B4J that work as employee management software, using a SQL database.

I'm looking to add a forms feature so that the manager can create a questionnaire on the pc which the employee would then complete on the android app.
Obviously I need to avoid the form being coded directly into the app, So would need to somehow load a layout with questions and then be able to save the user inputted data.
Similar to the way Google Forms or Microsoft Forms work, but with the ability to store the information on my database.

I am looking for any suggestions on the best method to implement it.
I'm not necessarily looking for a completed library or anything, rather some advice what method people think would be best to use.

I've looked into creating a WebApp then embedding it into my Android app but was hoping for a cleaner solution that I'm possibly not thinking of.

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you know about FormsBuilder and B4XPreferenceDialogs?
Clearly its eventual adoption depends on the complexity of your questionaires, but I personally used it for a Covid-oriented project and it worked well.

Upvote 0

Indic Software

Licensed User
If your questions are MCQ type it would be possible to build a way to read questions from remote database and show them to user in Android App. I had built one such desktop app long long time back. I don't have access to the data structure at present but I will search for it and post it here.

Regards,

Upvote 0

Revisable5987

Licensed User
Sor
If your questions are MCQ type it would be possible to build a way to read questions from remote database and show them to user in Android App. I had built one such desktop app long long time back. I don't have access to the data structure at present but I will search for it and post it here.

Regards,
Took me a second to figure out MCQ
But yes, that would be the plan.
Maybe I need some sleep before I attempt this 😂

Upvote 0