iOS Question Error when setting up iOS password/key

App Dude

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been using B4A for some time and now started on B4i. I'm following this how-to ... https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/dummies-guide-to-getting-started-with-b4i.124564/
When I get to the Tools --> Private Sign Key step (about 20% down the page), I enter a password, click "Create New", but then get this message...
1670556983372.png

The only user id I've given to this system so far is the only one I have, for the hosted builder, and that's setup properly under Tools --> Build Server --> Server Settings, with the Use Hosted Builder box checked.

Not sure what to do from here. šŸ˜¢ Help please.

Cheers,
-Neil

Last edited:

App Dude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Renewed and that step works.
Since then, I removed/revoked profiles, certificates, etc on my apple developer account and re-created the certificate, provisioning profile and then followed the video for creating the B4i bridge app. But I get this issue. I found other posts with the same issue, but it seems they were resolved, without an explanation of how to resolve it. Can you advise what I should do from here?

1670607657207.png

Upvote 0

App Dude

Licensed User
Longtime User
FWIW, I'm on Windows 10 and was using Java 8.
I just tried downloading Java 11 and changed only the javac path to the one in Java 11, but same issue. :(

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try those steps (now that you have java11)

Upvote 0

App Dude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try those steps (now that you have java11)
I had tried that also a couple days ago... completely removing the keys folders and going through the whole process from scratch. Same issue.

Upvote 0

App Dude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Also, last night I tried this from scratch on another computer... Win 10, Java 11, B4i 7.50.
Even with the new hosted builder user id, I'm getting the original error about Communication Error: Invalid User ID.

I'm stranded and desperate to get this working now.

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Renewed and that step works.
Since then, I removed/revoked profiles, certificates, etc on my apple developer account and re-created the certificate, provisioning profile and then followed the video for creating the B4i bridge app. But I get this issue. I found other posts with the same issue, but it seems they were resolved, without an explanation of how to resolve it. Can you advise what I should do from here?

View attachment 136884
If your apple developer license hasn't expired, there is no need to revoke and create new one just because your hosted builder expired

Upvote 0

App Dude

Licensed User
Longtime User
If your apple developer license hasn't expired, there is no need to revoke and create new one just because your hosted builder expired
This was my attempt to re-do things from scratch because I'm not sure what's wrong and how to fix it.
My apple developer account was auto-renewed a few months ago and is valid.
I'm on a new PC so had to re-install B4i, java, etc.
When I could not get this working, I first had to renew the hosted builder account, then when I got this second error (invalid user id), I cleaned up and re-did the whole process. Still the same issue.

Upvote 0