Other ETP (Video Tutorials) Feedback and Suggestions

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
  • DoEvents Since this is a deprecated function would be nice to explain why should be avoided and use sleep() Instead (99% of time is ok what about the 1%?), would be a good approach to tuse it each how to properly over saying is bad because it is bad. :confused:
  • Usage of CallSubDelayed with long Running tasks ( Just to avoid using the threading library Same reason as above )
  • Script Designer.
DoEvents should never be used. See the resumable subs and performance tutorials. They cover points #1 and #2 (use Sleep in long tasks).

Script designer is covered in the visual designer tutorial.

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I do miss watching Erels newly released videos, everybody new and old members can always learn seomthsom from them.

Hmm, developers are unfortunately still asking questions about notifications (even the built-in one), that would be a good video to create.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel is it possible to show how to use different kinds of loops in B4A ? I.e, Do while, for, wait for, etc
Should be covered in the code flow tutorial. Wait For is covered in the resumable subs tutorial.

A programming tutorial on games would also be great!
I'm working hard on a new games framework. Once it matures I will add video tutorial.

Upvote 0

kisoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
HI
and I will ask for more examples from JRDC2 and MQTT.

P.S
if you could do it like this man ... a pity is in Polish.

Upvote 0