Fake and selfish members

Ivica Golubovic

Licensed User
Do other members of the forum, besides me, notice the irresponsibility and selfishness of some of the members of the forum. I believe yes.

One of the things that irritates me the most is the selfishness of a not so small number of people. That selfishness is reflected in the fact that they ask a question about a problem that is bothering them, get a few suggestions from experienced forum members or those who had a similar problem, find a solution among those answers, and then disappear, there are no more posts or reactions. Hello people, is it difficult to write and explain what solution you came to, is it difficult to mark the post that led to the solution of the problem, are you so selfish that you don't think that maybe someone in the future will come across the same or similar problem and will cry out for a quick solution to the problem.

I suggest that such members be warned against incorrect and selfish behavior in the future.

I am excluding from this post a really large number of users who are always willing to help others with advice, a complete solution to a problem, useful libraries, even a review of the complete program code... I also exclude those who ask for help and when they come to a solution, point to that solution. I want to thank these people for everything.

zed

Licensed User
I completely agree.
But what do you want to do about this behavior?
These people certainly act the same way in their everyday lives. Which must be complicated to have real friends.
I think they should all just be ignored. Let's keep in mind that most are good people.

Ivica Golubovic

Licensed User
I completely agree.
But what do you want to do about this behavior?
These people certainly act the same way in their everyday lives. Which must be complicated to have real friends.
I think they should all just be ignored. Let's keep in mind that most are good people.
I agree with you completely, but this kind of behavior depresses those who are really trying to help those selfish members. I published this post in order to maybe initiate some of those people who recognize themselves in this post to think about changing their behavior, to understand that this forum was not created only to solve their problems, but for all people who use it.

Ivica Golubovic

Licensed User
Very good initiative.
But I think if we could change people, we would live a better world. In this case, I would like to know the recipe.
If one person becomes better, and at the same time no one becomes worse, the world is one step closer to perfection. That's why everyone who notices should point out that such behavior is not acceptable and maybe succeed in getting someone to become a real B4X forum member.

Ivica Golubovic

Licensed User
Yes, B4X is great, and this forum is a great thing. Personally, the only thing that can spoil my impression at the moment is what I wrote in the first post.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, B4X is great, and this forum is a great thing. Personally, the only thing that can spoil my impression at the moment is what I wrote in the first post.
Yes, I also feel frustrated and get annoyed by some ungrateful members. I started to reply less and giving answers. I know I should not. I feel many active members are replying less nowadays. Maybe they feel the same as I feel.

Ivica Golubovic

Licensed User
Not even a thank you or a like is necessary, it's enough just to show a solution that may be useful to other members. Not so long ago I was looking for something for myself, found a thread related to my problem, of course in addition to several suggestions I did not find a solution because it was not mentioned in the thread.

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Lately what checks all by boxes off is the "my app no work, please help" kind of posts, where the op doesn't even bother to give context... a code sample is 60% of understanding the issue, an error log or a good description of the issue along side of the code sample is another 35%... the 5% that is missing, is a meaningful title!

We are seeing these type of postings ever since b4a became freeware. I'm not saying it was a bad move, only @Erel knows that, but... it remains a fact.

Also, as said, please, please, please give credit to the post that helped you find the correct answer...

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Peace.

The world is in so bad stage that we can not fathom the position a user may be in. Just because he/she asked and got what he/she wanted and then vanishes, does not mean he/she is mean. We have to consider the situation in he/she might be. Yes a simple Thank You is good, but still, should not have any hard feelings towards it.

B4X Forum is different in so many ways from other forum and is like a family get together here. It is all due to our respected Erel, the developer, personally contributing here so many times and helping out new comers. So as seniors, we just have to maintain the Forum which is love child of Erel and do not make it difficult for just a few new comers who do not follow the rules.

So, instead of thinking how to teach them lets all keep B4X Forum as welcome to all, no matter what he/she is.
I love members here and this is my only friend circle. I will always help, if I can, no matter I get Like or marked Solution or not.

Ivica Golubovic

Licensed User
No one says that someone is evil. This does not apply to new members or unregistered members, but to members who have been registered on the forum for several years and have a lot of posts. Just as there is time to ask a question about problem and discuss it, it would be right to find time and clearly mark the solution that has been reached. To clarify once again, I don't blame the fact that someone didn't like something or put a "solution" but because they didn't explain the solution they came up with so that someone could use it in the future. The whole point is in that, not in collecting likes, "solutions" or donations.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Due to incorrect, disrespectful and rude behavior, for over a year now I have rarely helped anyone in the forum, I limit myself to updating the libraries and sometimes not even that

kimstudio

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have noticed countless times that many expert members download the error sample code, correct it and upload again with description, considering the effort put how kind and helpful these members are!

As programmer we know even a simple one sentence answer from experts can save hours even days of work, a cost-of-nothing "Like" is a must baseline to show grateful attitude.

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
Due to incorrect, disrespectful and rude behavior, for over a year now I have rarely helped anyone in the forum

Star-Dust!!! Now there's a name I instantly recognized and thought haven't seem him much here recently. Now I know why. :oops:

Perhaps your forum experience would be improved by banishing the worst of the down-dragging minority from your universe with:

1704507977887.png

In fact, what with star dust being associated with rebirth of stellar magnificence, your rising again here would be most fitting. šŸ†