Fake and selfish members

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well just saw this thread... and I feel bad for those people... that don't know the word: Thanks...

Is just a word... and I hope all to know it.

I feel part of this family... and I wanna Thank you all, for just sharing your time with me.

Nothing more for today... not keeping bad times.. New year came!

So 2024 thanks to all..

Ivica Golubovic

Licensed User
The point of this thread is not to humiliate anyone, but to find a way for this forum to survive as it was a few years ago. I have the impression that there is less enthusiasm among the people who have been here since the foundation. I can't claim that the reason is what this thread is dedicated to, but it certainly has some influence. As much as we say we won't let things like this affect us, in reality they do. I can program in Java (mostly AmdroidStidio and Eclipse), C#, VB.net, Xamarin (rarely), but BASIC is my native (mother) programming language and that's why I love B4X and whenever I can I use it to program applications for Android devices. That is why I would not like this forum to start losing its quality.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that b4x is a miniature of our real world... too many cultures mixed and different people, with different thoughts..

I think that % stays the same.. because they are coming new members have enthusiasm and prove that everyday...

Some will come.. some will go..

Some here helping with different ways.. with creating public libs... snippets, tutorials..

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My point is not the member who has forgotten to thank but who deny other people answer and claim he solve the problem himself without others help.
As @Magma wrote in the previous post, b4x is like a small world, and even here there are polite people and unfortunately also ill-mannered people.
There is nothing you can do about it.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As I understand, the thread started as a marked 'solution' message was not found for similar problem one has.
Somehow it turned into helping one or not.

If it is for 'solution' mark or like not found then the a member can post a message as 'post#13' seems solved the query.

If it to help or not, I will request to define help. It is not help if you expect something in return.

I do not know how long I will survive as the direction of the world more towards authority than helping. I want to leave some help here and there, so that it might benefit someone unknown.

In Hindi we say "Neki kar aur dariya mein daal", i.e. Help and forget.

Ivica Golubovic

Licensed User
It is not help if you expect something in return.
I agree with you in cases where you help someone bring in furniture, give the hungry to eat, the thirsty to drink, the sick to get well, in those cases you help and forget. But when you're looking for help in a community where everyone needs some kind of help sometimes, the least you can do is that when someone helps you, make an effort to pass that help on, because it's highly likely that someone will need that same help in the future.

I will repeat once more and for the last time, it is not about gratitude, likes, marked solutions, donations or any other kind of praise. This is because many members act as this forum was founded and exists to solve only their problems.

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That is just how people differ from one another. Nothing to be concerned about. Keep up your chin and keep marching forwards. Complaining about the "behavior" of other on a 100 000+ membeship forum will not change the forum...my penny.

Ivica Golubovic

Licensed User
This thread is too long for people who aren't worth it.
I totally agree with you that this thread is too long, but I'm also surprised by the number of people who have had the experiences this thread talks about. Also, it makes me regret when I see that some top experts have reduced their activity due to the situations mentioned in this thread. This means that this problem is not marginal but is constantly present. If I have had a lot of such cases up to now, how many cases have other members who have been here much longer than me, who have much more knowledge and who are much more active.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So let us decide the below,
  1. If a member old/new does not follow proper rules of Forum and creates irritation in spite of giving help, just reply like Erel, "Sorry I can not help you here further" and request Erel to block the thread. Also if it feels better than mark "Ignore" the member. That is, close the chapter and move on.
  2. Do not have any hard feeling which may effect your work due to some ignorant one. Again we can look up to Erel here. He does it, when required.
  3. If a help request is vague, just say upload sample project and explain what is wrong or expected here. If the person does not follow, then just forget that there was a query even from that person in first place.
  4. In nut shell "Do not let other take control of your life".

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all,

All experts spoke right,but Do you know that? You are destroying unity among B4X people.

"The one who gives will always be loved by the one who receives."

"Put yourself in someone's shoes"

I hope to see love and unity. and good wishes for each other within the B4X group.

Best regards,
Theera

Last edited:

B4JExplorer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do other members of the forum, besides me, notice the irresponsibility and selfishness of some of the members of the forum. I believe yes.

One of the things that irritates me the most is the selfishness of a not so small number of people. That selfishness is reflected in the fact that they ask a question about a problem that is bothering them, get a few suggestions from experienced forum members or those who had a similar problem, find a solution among those answers, and then disappear, there are no more posts or reactions. Hello people, is it difficult to write and explain what solution you came to, is it difficult to mark the post that led to the solution of the problem, are you so selfish that you don't think that maybe someone in the future will come across the same or similar problem and will cry out for a quick solution to the problem.

I suggest that such members be warned against incorrect and selfish behavior in the future.

I am excluding from this post a really large number of users who are always willing to help others with advice, a complete solution to a problem, useful libraries, even a review of the complete program code... I also exclude those who ask for help and when they come to a solution, point to that solution. I want to thank these people for everything.
We never know what another person is thinking, where they are coming from.

I think I failed to respond, on at least 2 occasions. Possibly I found the solution elsewhere, and forgot to look back here, but I don't remember why.

At any rate, I donate to B4J from time to time.

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
For this forum, its like am addicted to it.
1. Its always open on my phone and laptop (Bookmarked)
2. I check the forum more than my email and social media pages
3. I am always going through recent post (Question) to see if I can help someone in need (Trust me - am no Expert - My background is Accounting)
4. Through helping and going through questions, I learn new things, find some hidden snippets which I always bookmark to make my life easier.

It pays to contribute. you will learn. Don't just come with your problem and then vanish. Thank you