Fake and selfish members

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
For this forum, its like am addicted to it.
1. Its always open on my phone and laptop (Bookmarked)
2. I check the forum more than my email and social media pages
3. I am always going through recent post (Question) to see if I can help someone in need (Trust me - am no Expert - My background is Accounting)
4. Through helping and going through questions, I learn new things, find some hidden snippets which I always bookmark to make my life easier.

It pays to contribute. you will learn. Don't just come with your problem and then vanish. Thank you
For me,I try to learn the expert's code,and summary the issues for Thai developers in order to introduce B4X for Thai people. I would like Thai government use B4X programming in the education for the children. I would like to thanks for the kind of experts again.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
..Hi there again...

I am not happy when i see "threads" like that... seems that something gonna break and need glue... i think we must not need to explain why and because...

When something not right for me... say/tell/write it, at the right moment at the same thread... and no need to carry it... but this is me...

There is no Expert/Novice/New Member... as I said before there are hundreds of "NEW" Members... have programming/math/science "background" and brain that can solve/fix problems in seconds... or in some ms...

Expert/Novice/New Member has to do with the number of posts... nothing more... I am happy when I see New Licensed Members.. that means that those "members" understand the value of B4X... there are also members with Thousands of Posts (just from saying their opinion, or criticize) and there are Members that post two-three times per month and their posts are gold..

Please do not analyze it more... no need to exist threads like that (this my opinion)...
Yes there are "toxic" members and bad guys... but also there is a lot of good here....

I think that the value of member is something you cannot count it with labels, posts, points... may be you can try it.. but will never get the right "number"... not everything count-able (am i using right the able ?)

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
For this forum, its like am addicted to it.
1. Its always open on my phone and laptop (Bookmarked)
2. I check the forum more than my email and social media pages
3. I am always going through recent post (Question) to see if I can help someone in need (Trust me - am no Expert - My background is Accounting)
4. Through helping and going through questions, I learn new things, find some hidden snippets which I always bookmark to make my life easier.

I thought it was only me... 😂

Ivica Golubovic

Licensed User
I know that there are people who tend to push problems "under the carpet" in order to have the appearance of perfection. I also think it is wrong. Problems that are definitely present should be discussed and solved. I saw a post by a member who stated that in some cases he behaved like that and it was because he forgot. I completely believe him that it is so, and what is positive for me is that he wrote that he will do his best to correct it. That is one positive thing of this post, to draw the attention of those who do some things unintentionally to understand that it causes a wrong attitude in some people that they are selfish and irresponsible. I don't think it's wrong to point out problems, so even though it's painful, it's better than "pushing problems under the carpet" and creating a false impression of perfection.

PS: this is my opinion and I respect other opinions.

vecino

Licensed User
Longtime User
There are people from many places and they speak different languages, in my case I always use a translator to ask the questions and to read the answers.
I usually find it quite complicated to understand what I have been answered because the translators are not very effective.
And if that happens with my questions, which I know what they are about, imagine what happens when they are translations of other people's questions that I don't understand what they are asking.
That's the reason why I can't usually answer others, the language.
In the subforum of my language, when someone asks something and I see it, it turns out that someone has already answered it, so I don't collaborate much in it either.
In forums in my language and dealing with other programming languages that I know well, I am very active in them.
All this is not a justification, but rather an explanation that there can be many different reasons why someone cannot or does not want to participate very often in the forums.

PS. This is a translation (as always), I hope that deepl.com was good with what I tried to imply.

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I used to contribute as much as I could (at least I tried) in those areas where I could consider myself "a bit expert", during several years. Now my presence is very low but due to other reasons (work issues and the rest of life take most of my time, simple but true)
I do understand the concerns that many of you state, because somehow we have all been in similar situations. At least for me, the human touch helps me give more in whatever area of life (and the opposite)

Also, on the positive side of things, the 'humanity' of the good (sometimes expert, sometimes not) contributors is perceived and appretiated by many of us. And it's true that, when someone needs to contract a B4X developer in the forum, this human part (knowing that there is someone, not only good at what he does, but also with a personal compromise) is a big plus. In fact for me it is a must in order to make deals.
I know that there are many other present and past big-contributors, we all know who they are, who do it just for pleasure with the aim to help and share, which is even more plausible and I do admire 🙌

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If he says thank you for the help he gets that's fine and if he doesn't, I don't mind, but I know I've helped someone.
The thing is just that! Sometimes when we answer someone's question, it's because one of 2reasons.
1 - we know exactly what the issue is, either by experience, either by trial and error.
2 - we make an educated guess and propose a possible solution, untested.

If the reason is number 1, then a thank you is welcomed, and if there is no thank you, cat least we know we helped...
But if it's reason number 2, then the absence of acknowledgement makes us fell a number of things, between them, uncertainty of our help, not knowing if the suggested solution worked. A thank you does a couple of things...
Acknowledge the solution, and provides a "let me try that" point to the ones searching similar threads.

NGUYEN TUAN ANH

Licensed User
i come from Vietnam, because my english is not very good and i'm new member, so i'm difficult to share my experiences, i'm sorry

PaulMeuris

Licensed User
I have read all the messages in this thread.
When i answer a question i take the time to test my answer.
If i don't get any form of acknowledgement then that member is put on my ever growing ignoring list.
And if the list gets too long then i will stop answering.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have read all the messages in this thread.
When i answer a question i take the time to test my answer.
If i don't get any form of acknowledgement then that member is put on my ever growing ignoring list.
And if the list gets too long then i will stop answering.
I will also click the Unwatch button on top of the page.

byz

Licensed User
For me,I try to learn the expert's code,and summary the issues for Thai developers in order to introduce B4X for Thai people. I would like Thai government use B4X programming in the education for the children. I would like to thanks for the kind of experts again.
I am also very interested in teaching children's programming using b4x. What do you think about the specialized sections and teaching syllabus in the community?