Android Question Firebase ads 1.60 problem

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by tufanv, Aug 14, 2019.

1. tufanv

tufanv Expert Licensed User

Hello,

I have done as Erel suggested on firebase admob 1.60 tutorial. My app instantly crashes on launch without even a log. App id is correct , I also tried with sample app id. Result is same: Instant crash.

(with sdk manager I updated the all recommended things and also selected firebase-ads 18.1)

2. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

There is no such thing in Android.
    Connect with usb debugging and check the unfiltered log. There MUST be an error in the LOG

3. tufanv

thanks. I connexted with usb, there are millions of lines when unfiltered but I saw this, it seems related. If this is the right error, stackoverflow says something about multidex. :
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get provider com.google.android.gms.ads.MobileAdsInitProvider: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.google.android.gms.ads.MobileAdsInitProvider" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/ct.doviz-1/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/vendor/lib, /system/lib]]

4. DonManfred

Sounds like your implementation is not correct.
    Maybe wrong manifest? wrong library version? wrong maven artifacts?

5. DonManfred

Sounds like you have NOT the newest items.

6. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Make sure that the path to android.jar under Tools - Configure Paths points to the same folder as the Android SDK folder that you've updated.

7. tufanv

sdkmanager shows : C:\androidsdk\tools\bin\sdkmanager.bat

My path shows : C:\androidsdk\platforms\android-28\android.jar

I think they are matching.

8. tufanv

I have now switchted to androidx and app started to work, but all 6 ad slots gives admob error code 3 which is no inverntory to fill but before this update I have never get this, I was always getting an ad. unisntalling the new version and installing the old version gives me the ads.

edit: only test ads are working normal ads are not showing in any of my devices. I am afraid to push the update. I also sent the apk to 2 friends, no ads are being shown to anyone. When I install the latest version without this change from thje play store I can see the real ads and also bothof the friends see them

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  9. DonManfred

You still did not answered my suggestion to check the version being 18.1.1 <- You told you have 18.1

10. tufanv

Sorry Donmanfred, it is a typo, I have 18.1.1

11. tufanv

I have some interesting findings. Debug mode always gives error 3, when i get error code 3 and later isntall in release mode, I still dont see the ads. After sometime I start seeing ads without problem, later I install debug mode again I get error code 3, and If I install the release mode again I don't see the ads again. For the last 30 minutes no ads is coming. I am really confused and concerned about it being stable.

12. Erel

Please don't make duplicate posts. I've deleted two other duplicate posts. It makes it impossible to help you.

Debug mode vs. release mode is unrelated here.
    The ads should behave exactly the same.

1. Check the unfiltered logs.
    2. Test it with the sample app id and the sample unit id.

13. tufanv

So how we can explain the situation that it worked for release mode until i installed debug mode and started getting error code 3 again ? At a stackoverflow topic i read that some people experienced the same problem until they sign the app with release mode, but dont know if it is related.

Unfiltered logs gives me millions of lines, how can i find the related logs only ?

14. Erel

Not related unless you are using a different key in debug and release modes for some strange reason.

15. tufanv

unfiltered logs doesntg show me anything much : ( also tried sample app id, still getting error 3 for every ad unit)

Edit: my device is an old note 2, my friends phone is old note2 too. Now I sent the apk to a note 8 with latest android on it, he says it works without a problem. Can it be a device and android version relates problem?
    Code:
    Logger connected to:  samsung SM-N9005
    --------- beginning of main
    s
    Service (firebasemessaging) Create ***
    Service (firebasemessaging) Start **
    Consent state: UNKNOWN
    EU: 
    false
    Service (httputils2service) Create ***
    Service (httputils2service) Start **
    (
    IntentIntent { cmp=ct.doviz/.httputils2service }
    cWEez2YrLtg:APA91bGqSXg60WEOiv3PLVqDesa_7GzgNzFes-xjfkEMgL7Z2WNyyJwoV3lxDV8y-5eOpgJ6xQQH3Xxdf2k6xTGLD48yj_PUzD7c9O43MJGUANlluiR5Un-kDfs0GWyXYzbK3JTZ3x1P
    burdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    UNKNOWN
    KAYIT : BTRWG9O85
    Timeline: Activity_idle id: android.os.BinderProxy@16c44bc6 time:645392
    Ad failed to load : 3
    PREMIUM Error Code: 3
    Use AdRequest.Builder.addTestDevice("1BF76F3B1F0A7BCAA2FE57E91364BE63") to get test ads on this device.
    PREMIUM BANNER ERROR
    Use AdRequest.Builder.addTestDevice("1BF76F3B1F0A7BCAA2FE57E91364BE63") to get test ads on this device.
    Not retrying to fetch app settings
    JobName = getir, Success = true

JobName = tokenkayit, Success = true
    token updated
    JobName = alertcheck, Success = true
    no alerts set
    JobName = getir2, Success = true
    not Received - Error Code: 3
    Aktif Degisti: http://loadbalance.tvworks.org/
    NORMAL BANNER ERROR:3
    PREMIUM BANNER ERROR
    PREMIUM Error Code: 3
    NORMAL BANNER ERROR:3
    not Received - Error Code: 3
    -1 received
    writer error
    java.lang.InterruptedException
        at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.reportInterruptAfterWait(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1991)
        at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.await(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:2025)
        at java.util.concurrent.ArrayBlockingQueue.take(ArrayBlockingQueue.java:373)
        at anywheresoftware.b4a.remotelogger.Connector$Writer.run(Connector.java:160)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)
    Starting remote logger. Port: 57310
    After accept

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  16. Erel

My guess is that Google marked your device as a development device and doesn't show real ads. Have you tried to get test ads?

17. tufanv

Yes test ads showing without a problem. İt is probably right.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice