Android Code Snippet Free Code Snippets Manager

Hello,

I apologize if my English is not perfect.

I'm not a professional but someone who loves to program. I am a beginner with B4A and I found in the forum "Android Code Snippets" many programming tricks. As I program for Windows and I like to have access to my local tips, I realized an application (French/English) which includes these code snippets. This application is free. This is my way of thanking you for sharing your code and your experience.

You will find below the Help files in pdf format. If you wish, I'll post the Installation Setup.
Hoping that this application will be useful.

Regards

EDIT: Last version v2.2a: http://dl.free.fr/wJddSHBrH

Attachments

• Code Snippets Fr.pdf
    299.3 KB · Views: 861
  • Code Snippets En.pdf
    292.5 KB · Views: 1,611
Last edited:

Grinaute

Licensed User
Longtime User
I downloaded B4J but I don't know if I would learn to program with it because I already have what it takes to make Windows executables. If you want to use Code Snippets on Linux, I think it should work with Wine but I haven't tested it.

Please remember, I'm an amateur programmer, not a professional developer.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I click the "Validate and download" button and nothing happens :(

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
I just download it and installed

When I run, nothing appears, only in the task manager.....

Patrick

Grinaute

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Patrick,
At the first startup there is a port that is done in the data file. Then a message is displayed. It's possible that it is displayed behind another window. Use ALT+Tab to display it in the foreground.

Grinaute

Licensed User
Longtime User
Like this:

1613830539520.png

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank for your prompt answer. I unstalled it, reinstalled it, and always same pb (even if I saw the window in your last message)....

Grinaute

Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you install in the default folder "C:\Code Snippets" or another folder on which you would have an access right problem?

omarruben

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did try it also, but after the message of UPDATED.. nothing appears not even on the task manager (Windows 10)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I did not see this; otherwise I would not have "struggled" so much :)

It is very well done; mine has only the advantage of being able to carry out a useful search - even if you remember only a part of the name or something else - and copy and paste, even to add a new snippet.

And that was developed with B4J - source available.

Grinaute

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

1/ Thank you LucaMs.

2/ Omarruben & Patrick:
you should look at your anti-virus because if the rest is good, it is likely to be the cause of the blockage.
I used to have Bitdefender blocking one of my applications without displaying any messages. Since I changed my anti-virus, I don't have this kind of problem anymore.
My application does not contain any malicious code, you can check it on virustotal. You can put an exception on this application and restart it.