Wish Hide panels in the designer

Cadenzo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sometimes a page-layout has many different panels that change visibility in runtime. To set all views in a panel in the designer, other panels could be hidden for a moment in the views tree.

Cadenzo

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would suggest to switch to B4XPages it will manage different panels independently.
Can you explain it? I am using B4XPages for newer projects, but anyhow I create the layouts with the designer.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you explain it? I am using B4XPages for newer projects, but anyhow I create the layouts with the designer.
No, in this case B4XPages type projects have nothing to do with it. Yours is a reasonable request; the uncomfortable alternative is to set the left of the panel that you temporarily don't want to see to very high values, so that it goes out of view.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Instead of using many different panes you could use different B4XPages.
Another possibility could be to have one layout file with Panels and load different layout files onto these Panels, or load them onto a Panel when needed..

Last edited:

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think the idea is like adding a view button (šŸ‘ļø) beside the panel in Views Tree section.

But we already can set the Visible property to False.
When I click the Designer Script area, Script mode (read-only) is activated, the panel (together with it's child views) will be hidden.
When the Properties section is focused, the panel and it's child views are visible.

Cadenzo

Licensed User
Longtime User
the uncomfortable alternative is to set the left of the panel that you temporarily don't want to see to very high values, so that it goes out of view.
Yes, that's what I do now. But before I have to remember the old left-value and to release the left-right corner anchor. So really not comfortable.

When I click the Designer Script area, Script mode (read-only) is activated, the panel (together with it's child views) will be hidden.
I tried, but always the first (not the active) panel is shown.

I think, the best solution in the designer would be an option like "Show only active/selected panel". Or by default the other panels are hidden while I am inside a panel (selected in the views tree). I am never interested in the other panels in that case.

Last edited:

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think, the best solution in the designer would be an option like "Show only active/selected panel". Or by default the other panels are hidden while I am inside a panel (selected in the views tree). I am never interested in the other panels in that case.
What @klaus suggested is similar.

1. create a layout and add a panel to it, say main
  2. create different layout and add one panel to each and required views on it, lay1, lay2
  3. each layout will have only one panel and easier to modify, as you required
  4. show layout 'main' in app
  5. remove all views of this panel and load lay1
  6. remove all views of this panel and load lay2
  7. ...
Yes, you will have to modify each panel in different layouts instead of all in one layout and trying to hide/show the panels here.

Cadenzo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, but I can not remove views because I still need the properties of views in hidden panels (like slider-values, ...). And I already have so many layouts for clv-list-items, dialogs and pages. It would make projects more confusing.