iOS Question How to avoid renew certificat every year

yves67

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel,
It's been a while since I've had the opportunity to come back to the B4X platform.
I need some advice from you:
I have developed an application for IPAD, which is installed on 5 Ipads. This application does not need any more modifications and it works perfectly.
But every year I have to renew my subscription to Apple Develloper (99€) to renew the certificates. This application is not in the APPLE Store, I install the application directly on the Ipads.
question: how to avoid renewing the certificates every year?
if I put this application in the Apple Store, will I not have to renew the certificates every year?
or is there another solution?
(I think I had already asked this question ?? )
How to be sure that nobody else than the 5 Ipads will be able to use this application, security question, it's important
Thank you for your answer

Yves67

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think OTA Deployer method should work

1. Get the UDID of these 5 Ipads and add to your devices in the developer dashboard.
2. Use OTA Deployer to upload the app and send the link to these 5 iPad users to install

I don't know whether the app will still work if the certificate expires though..I hope the app continues to work

Upvote 0

yves67

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think OTA Deployer method should work

1. Get the UDID of these 5 Ipads and add to your devices in the developer dashboard.
2. Use OTA Deployer to upload the app and send the link to these 5 iPad users to install

I don't know whether the app will still work if the certificate expires though..I hope the app continues to work
The 5 Ipdad's UDID are registered in the certificates and I have deployed this applcation with the OTA , but when my apple develloper is over, the application is not working anymore ...
should I put this application in the Apple Store to avoid this ?
thanks for your help

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
The 5 Ipdad's UDID are registered in the certificates and I have deployed this applcation with the OTA , but when my apple develloper is over, the application is not working anymore ...
should I put this application in the Apple Store to avoid this ?
thanks for your help
if you upload on Apple Store you will have the same issue. and probably more because you have to add the security (login or so) and be in compliance with Apple policy.

Why are you using iPad? one option could be using Android

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
Even if you have a Corporate Developer and Distribution account with many hundreds of devices running your software they all have to be re-installed with a compilation from a new certificate before the expiry of your account. Apple want every last cent, they give nothing away.

.....If you thought managing the certificates of your few apps was difficult!

Upvote 0