iOS Question How to do 100% Offline Development

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

One concern I have is to have my development come to a halt due to some external server not working. That's why I will probably switch to using a local mac to do the compiling of my iOS apps.

But I can think of one step that seems to still depend on your website being up and working - this is the step when I have to install the B4I certificate (ca.pem) in order to install the B4i-Bridge app. So, how can I get a copy of this provision file and instructions on how to install it onto a local iOS device in the event your website is ever down?

Also, are there any other issues I should know about that would prevent development/deployment of an app if your servers ever go offline for any reason?

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I understand that, but I wanted to know what kind of issues will I run into trying to develop 100% offline.

For example, I just got the local mac working fine to compile and debug an app.

But when I tried to do another "Build B4i-Bridge app", it returned with this error:

"Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Error: security: SecKeychainDelete: The specified keychain could not be found.
Agreeing to the Xcode/iOS license requires admin privileges, please re-run as root via sudo."

What does this mean?

Also when I do get the local mac to successfully create the B4i-Bridge app, what are the steps to install it on my iOS device? Does it still require me to install the ca.pem provision file on a new iOS device? If so, how can I get a copy of that file (so I don't need to access your website to install it)?

Upvote 0