iOS Question IBarcode doesn't work on IPhone15

GeoffT660

Licensed User
Longtime User
The barcode in the camera viewer appears blurry when trying to scan a barcode on the new IPhone15 using IBarcode and won't read. If I view the barcode directly with the camera the image is clear but with IBarcode it's blurry. Are there any settings to correct this?

GeoffT660

Licensed User
Longtime User
Darn. I've tried my app and your sample app with my old IPhone XS without issue but when using the IPhone15, I get blurry image and it won't focus. How do you explicitly set it to Autofocus? Could there be something wrong with my camera?

Upvote 0

GeoffT660

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just now noticed that the IPhone 15 and the IPhone 15 pro have different camera systems. Could that be the difference? I have the IPhone 15 Pro.

Upvote 0

GeoffT660

Licensed User
Longtime User
I finally did get it to read a pdf417 but it took minutes to find the right distance/angle/? and it only read 3 times in the 20 minutes I was trying. I made sure the lighting was good and the lenses were clean. Definitely works fine on the IPhone XS but is not useable on this phone,

Upvote 0

b4x-de

Licensed User
Longtime User
My experience is that iBarcode is always very slow in Debug mode but works much faster in Release mode. Does your problem occur in both modes or only in Debug mode?

Upvote 0

b4x-de

Licensed User
Longtime User
I asked a friend of a friend who owns a iPhone 15 Pro to test my app (that is using iBarcode2 library). It works without any problems.

Upvote 0

GeoffT660

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your responses. I've tried in release mode and my IPhone XS still reads better than my IPhone 15 Pro but am not using the IBarcode2 Library. Where can I find the compiled IBarcode2 Library? In my search I only find the source code and not a .lib file.

Upvote 0