Android Question Initialize jRDC with VPS server

Cleidson

Hey guys,
I set up a homemade VPS server for testing connections and operations through a jRDC. Once the appropriate settings were made, everything worked perfectly. But, when connecting the VPS server the next day, for other tests, the jRDC server did not work, not even when using nohup via terminal. The only way I found was to remove the file, copy a new one and start. It's not productive that way. Is there any configuration that must be done so that the jRDC server starts together with the VPS server?
Thanks in advance

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The only way I found was to remove the file, copy a new one and start
You did something wrong. There is never a need to copy the jar file again. Maybe the server was already running. You can find the process with:
B4X:
ps -ef |grep java
And then kill it with kill -9 <pid>.

The steps required to run a script at startup depend on the specific linux distro you are running. There are many tutorials about it: https://stackoverflow.com/a/12973826

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I set up a homemade VPS server for testing connections
Do you mean you have setup another PC connected to your home LAN or WiFi? If it is a local server, then it is a physical server, not a virtual server.

But, when connecting the VPS server the next day
Do you turn off that server?

for other tests, the jRDC server did not work
You mean there is error message in the output log?

jRDC server starts together with the VPS server?
Do you want to start jRDC2 automatically when the server start?

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Cleidson

Hello everybody,
I would like to thank you for the responses. But, the VPS was installed on a virtual machine so that I could test what the connection to the database was like, how to configure a VPS, in short, studies and tests on this subject. So I had to turn off the VPS when I wasn't using it. And when I called again for other tests and studies, the JRDC did not restart along with the VPS. I configured and tested OliverA's suggestion and it worked perfectly.
Finally, I hired a VPS server, configured it and it's working, for now.

Upvote 0