iOS Question Install app on not local device

Claude Brun

Licensed User
Hello,
I can install a release app on my device with B4i Bridge.
But now I need to test this app on the device of my son who lives far from home.
So i can't use the bridge.
How can we do so that he can install this app.

Thank
Claude

Claude Brun

Licensed User
thank,
but I can't doe it, its too difficult.
I read, read and read but I don't understand.
many error or blocking.
impossible to upload ipa file on testflight

is there another solution

Computersmith64

Licensed User
If you follow the instructions it's pretty straightforward. You create the app in your ITC account, upload a build, then distribute it via TestFlight instead of submitting it for review.

There used to be online services that you could use to distribute an .ipa over OTA - but I haven't used one for years, so I don't know if they still exist. You could try Googling it.

- Colin.

watesoft

Licensed User
If you follow the instructions it's pretty straightforward. You create the app in your ITC account, upload a build, then distribute it via TestFlight instead of submitting it for review.

There used to be online services that you could use to distribute an .ipa over OTA - but I haven't used one for years, so I don't know if they still exist. You could try Googling it.

- Colin.
Your son: connect his device with computer,open iTunes ,copy UDID code and email to you.

You:enter apple developer center,add your son's device(need his UDID),generate new Provisoning file,release your app with new Provisoning file and sent to your son.

Your son:connect his device with computer,open iTunes and drag app file into music,then install it on the device.

Claude Brun

Licensed User
Thank you all, unfortunately I'm afraid to be a little special.

mcqueccu :
I think that OTA (which looks very good) is made for those who have an account for hosted builder.
I do not have a hosted builder account, I use a local mac

watesoft : you say "open iTunes and drag app file into music". open iTunes and drag app file into music, then install it on the device."
yes but why? I can't drag and drop into iTunes. Afraid to be I do not use the right path
print_screen.jpg

watesoft

Licensed User
Thank you all, unfortunately I'm afraid to be a little special.

mcqueccu :
I think that OTA (which looks very good) is made for those who have an account for hosted builder.
I do not have a hosted builder account, I use a local mac

watesoft : you say "open iTunes and drag app file into music". open iTunes and drag app file into music, then install it on the device."
yes but why? I can't drag and drop into iTunes. Afraid to be I do not use the right path
View attachment 78873
See 123.jpg,Go to Settings >> Summary >> Options,Check manually manage music and videos >> Apply,then try again.
If you have draged ipa file into itunes successfully,on device,you will find the app is being installed automatically. If you find not,click sync to try.

Attachments

Last edited:

Claude Brun

Licensed User
For information
Today I make a test with the Mac Book Pro of my son.
With Itunes 12.7 drag and drop work fine