iOS Question Install app on not local device

Claude Brun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I can install a release app on my device with B4i Bridge.
But now I need to test this app on the device of my son who lives far from home.
So i can't use the bridge.
How can we do so that he can install this app.

Thank
Claude

Claude Brun

Licensed User
Longtime User
thank,
but I can't doe it, its too difficult.
I read, read and read but I don't understand.
many error or blocking.
impossible to upload ipa file on testflight

is there another solution

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you follow the instructions it's pretty straightforward. You create the app in your ITC account, upload a build, then distribute it via TestFlight instead of submitting it for review.

There used to be online services that you could use to distribute an .ipa over OTA - but I haven't used one for years, so I don't know if they still exist. You could try Googling it.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

watesoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you follow the instructions it's pretty straightforward. You create the app in your ITC account, upload a build, then distribute it via TestFlight instead of submitting it for review.

There used to be online services that you could use to distribute an .ipa over OTA - but I haven't used one for years, so I don't know if they still exist. You could try Googling it.

- Colin.

Your son: connect his device with computer,open iTunes ,copy UDID code and email to you.

You:enter apple developer center,add your son's device(need his UDID),generate new Provisoning file,release your app with new Provisoning file and sent to your son.

Your son:connect his device with computer,open iTunes and drag app file into music,then install it on the device.

Upvote 0

Claude Brun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you all, unfortunately I'm afraid to be a little special.

mcqueccu :
I think that OTA (which looks very good) is made for those who have an account for hosted builder.
I do not have a hosted builder account, I use a local mac

watesoft : you say "open iTunes and drag app file into music". open iTunes and drag app file into music, then install it on the device."
yes but why? I can't drag and drop into iTunes. Afraid to be I do not use the right path
print_screen.jpg

Upvote 0

watesoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you all, unfortunately I'm afraid to be a little special.

mcqueccu :
I think that OTA (which looks very good) is made for those who have an account for hosted builder.
I do not have a hosted builder account, I use a local mac

watesoft : you say "open iTunes and drag app file into music". open iTunes and drag app file into music, then install it on the device."
yes but why? I can't drag and drop into iTunes. Afraid to be I do not use the right path
View attachment 78873
See 123.jpg,Go to Settings >> Summary >> Options,Check manually manage music and videos >> Apply,then try again.
If you have draged ipa file into itunes successfully,on device,you will find the app is being installed automatically. If you find not,click sync to try.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Claude Brun

Licensed User
Longtime User
For information
Today I make a test with the Mac Book Pro of my son.
With Itunes 12.7 drag and drop work fine

Upvote 0