iOS Question iPhone X - Screenshots for the iStore

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
As usual I may be missing something fairly basic here......

[rant] I just updated an existing app with some graphic customisation for the iPhone X. I took screenshots (1600 x 739) from a device, upscaled them to the required 2436 x 1125 and submitted my screenshots in iTunes Connect with the new binary.

Apple refused the Metadata element of the upgrade as the screenshots did not depict the 'notch' in the top of the iPhone X screen. So I have some questions:

1. Is there some subtle way I have missed that you can screenshot from the X an image that depicts the notch ?

2. The images submitted were native device captures. Are we really expected to use a graphics program to manipulate the screenshot to add the notch? Apple already adds radius corners to the rectangular graphic, how about adding the notch too?

3. I see the iPhone X 5.8" screenshots are optional anyway so I think simply removing them will be the easiest answer.

Apples attitude to developers really grates sometimes[/rant]

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As usual I may be missing something fairly basic here......

[rant] I just updated an existing app with some graphic customisation for the iPhone X. I took screenshots (1600 x 739) from a device, upscaled them to the required 2436 x 1125 and submitted my screenshots in iTunes Connect with the new binary.

Apple refused the Metadata element of the upgrade as the screenshots did not depict the 'notch' in the top of the iPhone X screen. So I have some questions:

1. Is there some subtle way I have missed that you can screenshot from the X an image that depicts the notch ?

2. The images submitted were native device captures. Are we really expected to use a graphics program to manipulate the screenshot to add the notch? Apple already adds radius corners to the rectangular graphic, how about adding the notch too?

3. I see the iPhone X 5.8" screenshots are optional anyway so I think simply removing them will be the easiest answer.

Apples attitude to developers really grates sometimes[/rant]
use storeshots.net . it is the best

Upvote 0