Other It's time to grow

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I’m very proud in the continuing progress of B4X tools. I’m also very proud to be part of this amazing developers community.

In the last couple of years, I have a growing feeling that B4X tools do not realize their potential. While there are all kinds of development tools, B4X offers a unique set of features: simple, powerful, mature, great community, RAD, native, cross platform and more.
B4X tools are an excellent choice for a wide range of real-world use cases.

So, the question is how to make B4X more popular? Obviously, it is not a simple nor a short-term task.
A clear growth barrier is the fact that unlike most development tools today, B4A and B4i are not free. This wasn’t the case 10 years ago.

The big announcement today is that B4A will become free in a few weeks. The framework - set of internal libraries, will be open sourced.

We will accept contributions for B4A like currently done with B4J.
We've also secured funds from a US investor who shares my vision of making B4X a popular development tool. These resources will allow us to further expand.

How can you help?

Help us spread the word about B4X.

Sergio Castellari

Licensed User
Thank you very much Erel !!! It is great news! I am a teacher and I have been using it for several years, now I will be able to disseminate b4a at the National University of Mar del Plata, Argentina.

Muchas gracias Erel!!!. Es una gran noticia!!. Soy docente y hace varios años que lo utilizo, ahora voy a poder divulgar b4a en la Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, Argentina.
Hola @geminw !!!
Yo tambien soy docente (en secundario) y ademas Analista de Sistemas (que es de lo que realmente vivo) desarrollando sistemas de Gestion Comercial!
Abrazos y buena suerte con la idea!
Sergio Castellari

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
[Is there a thread for suggestions on how to help B4X become "the most used tool to develop everything"? Maybe, but I can not find it, now]

[What I am about to write has already been suggested / asked but I am writing it anyway because I think it may be important].

A thread (or better a forum) with project templates - better if B4X-XUI.

It would be very useful for both beginners and experts.

Upvote 0

Jorge M A

Licensed User
project templates - better if B4X-XUI.
I think there's a great advance of the talented @Peter Simpson here:

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think there's a great advance of the talented @Peter Simpson here:
It looks nice and useful (just "looks" because I haven't tried it yet).

It's a pity that:

1 - from the title of the thread it is not clear that it could be what I meant, that is a "container for public project templates";

2 - I see that only a couple of members have published their own templates.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry!, I foolishly interpreted "the templates were integrated into the IDE"... (I don't know where I got that 🥴)
That too would be very useful (and common to other development tools).

It would be ideal if the IDE provided a list, even a small one, of templates and links from where to download others.

Upvote 0