Java Question Java Project Library to Basic4android Library

rabiuls

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I am interested to know if it is possible to use 'Java Android Project library' from Basic4android.

On eclipse there is an option to make a new android project as library by selecting "Mark this project as a library".

Then any android application can use the library by selecting it from project's Property -> Android -> Library -> Add. The library having activity can be started from application using startActivityForResult.

Basic4android has also startActivityForResult feature, that can be used in library. But the android library project made on eclipse has AndroidManifest.xml, res folder containing layout etc.

So, if I make a Basic4android library and use startActivityForResult indicating the android project library's class, it would also be needed to refer the res folder and AndroidManifest.xml file. Is it possible to make reference to them?

Any help or example regarding this is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

rabiuls

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sample

he is wishing for supporting "Android library":signOops: using with b4a

Thanks icefairy333, probably you got it :). Any way?

Thank you Erel for your reply.

I do not trying to wrap any particular library. I am posting link of a zip file (size exceeds maximum range allowed by forum), here is an application CallLib.apk. The source of this 'CallLib' is included. This application calls a library - 'MyLib' which is also created on eclipse and included. Hope, this will help you to understand my requirement.

Actually the library is also created as any android application is created on eclipse. Only during creation with the "New Project Wizard", it is marked as library and saved.

On the application side, it's Property is selected by right clicking on it's name, on the workspace. Then Add library from Android, and select the library made earlier.

Thanks again.

Link of the zip file:

Files.zip