looking for Translators...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi everybody

i am looking for translators from english to there mother language !!! (NOT google translation !!!)
its for my SALARY CALCULATOR

english and german is done, i translated russain via google translator but its worthless so need someone that fix the translation for russian too

i will put my excel file its about 400 words/lines (lots of them appear twice) so its not very much something about 45min - 1h work

please send me the amount you would like to get for it (do not overdo it :))

Attachments

• lang.zip
    31 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
france, russian, italien, spanish, korean, chinese are preferred languages but all language are welcome

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks a lot for the turkish translation from "strat", waiting for other languages guys...

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'll use Google Translate.

It is not perferct, i know, but with a little trick...

After its tranlsation, i search that text on usual Google Search and how much page results; so i can choose the best translation.

It's a work, i know, but if you want for someone works for you... good 2015 :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i can tell you that google translation is worthless, the problem is not that the translation is not so good and you can do something, the translation is wrong

and if you dont understand the language you will never find the right word
single words translation is better but if you try to translate sentense forget it

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i can tell you that google translation is worthless, the problem is not that the translation is not so good and you can do something, the translation is wrong

and if you dont understand the language you will never find the right word
single words translation is better but if you try to translate sentense forget it

We have only two choices: we can avoid giving a translation in a particular language or give the user a translation ridiculous but sufficient

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
wow thanx klaus for translation,
i forgot to mention that the excel file contains 4 pages (2 pages are very short about 20 words) and 2 are long you have translated the settings page (one of the long pages) the other 3 i didnot see any translation in french

lang1.png

tell me please the amount you would like to get for the translation, but i need please also the 3 other pages if you have time to do it

thank you

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
We have only two choices: we can avoid giving a translation in a particular language or give the user a translation ridiculous but sufficient

there is a third choice

i build in my app a option that the user can edit the language file, he can export the excel file edit it and import to the app and then all views will get the text he wrote from the updated file, like this i really can translate with google and the user can edit the file if he wants, but there are so kind members here that help each other and translate for a small amount a good translation

and i agree to invest some $ for my users that can have a good translation (i am talking about a FREE app and PAID app)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Given to users a ridiculous translation is unprofessional. Your solution, allow the user to adjust it, too, but it is to much better :)

I could translate into Italian. I've tried, to tell you the truth, but I find it difficult:

1) because if a word (English) has several meanings and I don't know your app I don't know which one to choose in Italian;
2) because I already don't find that "delsh", "candelsh" ?!?!?

I do not want money (well, maybe a few million)

(Also, the mouse is driving me crazy: soon I will pass it to the cat!)

ops, wrong column :)

"Delete selected"... In italian, that can be "Elimina selezionato" but also "Elimina selezionati"
selected can be used for one or more objects, in italian is not so!
If user select one object, you should write "Elimina (il file) selezionato". if 2 "Elimina (i file) selezionati" !

"Enter" can be more than one thing

Last edited:

MaxApps

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is Danish (for FREE) :)

Kind regards
Jakob

Attachments

• copy af lang with Danish.zip
    34.4 KB · Views: 340

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thatswhy google translation is worthless

i really would like to have italien translation, to really nuderstand the meaning you should DOWNLOAD the app you will understand everything

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.sagitalcashliteeng.net&hl=en

because I already don't find that "delsh", "candelsh" ?!?!?

delsh is the name of the view not the text from the view, i only need to translate the column where "ENGLISH" is written

the 2 first columns are not for translation only the controls, as i said the app grabs the text and pass them to the right controll

"delete selected" its not important if you can translat something in 2 different ways, it only should be short
if the translation is a translation for a button like "delete selected" i preffer to translate only "delete" because if the two words in italian
is to long it wont fit in the button

delete selected or delete for me is the same (after selecting some shifts from the list he gives you the option to delete the selcted items) so delete is good enough

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is Danish (for FREE) :)

thanx a lot JAKOB, for spending your time... so good comunity here in B4A !!

as i said to klaus i forgot to mention that there are 4 pages, i am ready to pay for you if you could finish the other 3 pages

lang1.png

thank you :)

MaxApps

Licensed User
Longtime User
Should be complete now :)

Attachments

• copy af lang with Danish.zip
    36.8 KB · Views: 275

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
someone asked me how i did the translation with the excel file so i create a small project that explain it

Attachments

• multi.zip
    11.8 KB · Views: 286

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks for all your help guys, got until now 4 new translations,

turkish - by fatih sahin
french - by klaus
danish - by Jakob "MaxApps"
romana - by hookshy
german - me
english - me
russian - google translate (need correction)

need more guys, russian, chinese, spanish, italian, ... all language are welcome