iOS Question Meta Data Rejected

db0070

Licensed User
Longtime User
My app keeps getting rejected with the following message - even though previous versions were rejected: -

"Guideline 2.3.3 - Performance - Accurate Metadata

We noticed that your screenshots do not sufficiently reflect your app in use.
Specifically, your 12.9-inch iPad Pro screenshots do not display the app in the correct device frame."

I am using hosted server and don't have access to a 12.9-inch iPad which requires 2048 x 2732 pixels screenshot. iPhone screenshot (1242 x 2208) will only resize to 2048 x 2732 pixels by leaving two bars at either sides. I have tried submitting with this screenshot after coloring the sides gray.

Can anyone suggest any way I can get a simulator on a windows PC?

Alternatively, my app is approved for beta testing - can anyone with a access to ipad 12.9 would be willing to try the app and give me just one screenshot?

Last edited:

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
don't have access to a 12.9-inch iPad which requires 2048 x 2732 pixels screenshot
I donwload a iPad-screenshoot from internet then using Photoshop added the screenshoot from my App-iPhone5, then they accetped it.
not sure if it will work all the time, but you can try

Upvote 0

db0070

Licensed User
Longtime User
That would be a temporary solution - but not ideal. It appears Apple are getting more and more strict, my previous apps submitted no problems when I re-sized an iPhone screen shot. Now they are consistently rejecting it. Perhaps I can get away by adding a splash page and resizing that.

Upvote 0