iOS Question Rejected screenshots for Apple Store

mcorbeel

Licensed User
Longtime User
I made an app and am struggling for days now to get it on the Apple store.
As I have an iPod for developing my code, I made screenshots with this device. Problem is that for the Apple store i need screenshots of 1242 x 2208 and the size of the iPod screenshots is 768x960. Okay simply resize them? But no, Apple rejected them as not being accurate.
Same problem with the screenshots for the iPad. I made them with a iPad mini and resized them... and they are no good.
Any suggestions (besides buying an iPhone and an iPad)?
(It takes me longer to get the app on the Apple store than to write them... ridiculous)

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm getting all screenshots from my local Mac using Simulator.
I have used remote builder but also have a lot of problems with screenshots, so I have bought MacBook Air early 2014 and solve my problems.

Upvote 0

mcorbeel

Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess Apple can only judge by looking at the top status bar of the screenshots no? Because all the rest is content and that can be anything.
Is there anybody who can give me 2 screenshots with exact sizes 1242 x 2208 pixels and 2048 x 2732 pixels (original sizes, not resized) with gray default status bar?
Then I can try using that and paste my content over it?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mcorbeel

Licensed User
Longtime User
Perhaps this post can help
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4i-screenshots-resizer.46911/#content

I would have also thought there would be plenty of online services offering this.

Anyone tried this recently (begin 2019)?
I am having many troubles of getting my app approved because of the screenshots.
I resized them manually and they keep on getting rejected, because the resized screenshots don't exactly look like the real thing they see on their simulator.
So I guess the solution of iLan doesn't give the result they want...

Upvote 0

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
As I have an iPod for developing my code, I made screenshots with this device. Problem is that for the Apple store i need screenshots of 1242 x 2208 and the size of the iPod screenshots is 768x960. Okay simply resize them? But no, Apple rejected them as not being accurate.

2208 is 2.3 times bigger than 960 so maybe the UI is distorted enough to where Apple notices it. If you have an iPad try taking screenshots with that and resize those.

Resizing from big to small means you're removing pixels instead of adding pixels and removing pixels is always easier than adding them. (Adding pixels is what you're currently trying to do by resizing from small to big.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mcorbeel

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for all advice. I will first try to ask some friends to help me. If that does not work I will come back on this...

Upvote 0