My story with the B4X

My story with the B4X started at the end of 2013 ...
I was trying to learn about programming, I had just left the army and I needed to find a career to follow, a direction for my life ...

I started reading a book about apps how to make money from them, I got a lot of inspiration from this book and started trying to create apps.

I found it very difficult at first, because I had no knowledge of logic and nothing related to programming.

(remembering that I didn't complete school, which made learning even more difficult)

After a while trying to create apps in JAVA I found B4X, I remember that I was impressed, it was the easiest way to create apps that existed, mainly for me (a beginner in programming).

I had some difficulties at the beginning, I couldn't find materials in my language (PORTUGUESE) and my English was terrible (today is still bad :p), even so I continued to learn more and more.
I asked thousands of questions on the forum, Erel and older members helped me a lot ....

At the beginning of 2014 I already had some knowledge and was able to create some applications, I started making a few cents of dollars with advertising (admob) in my apps, but I still thought it was little.

I thought then ... "if with a single application I can make 1 to 5 dollars a day, how much would I do with 500 or more applications?"
"I will need more people helping me ..."

It was then that in 2014 I decided to found my first company, ID Desenvolvimento, I hired trusted people to help me, the company's pace was increasing, more applications were being created and the company was growing.

Today we are a millionaire company here in Brazil, we have created more than 500 applications since 2014 until today, we are a team of 7 people and we work only with B4X software, both for apps and for the web.

Our focus today is to serve customers and other companies that need systems and apps.
Our main goal is to grow to the level of having a team of 50/100/200 people. (my dream).

So here is my eternal thanks to B4X, Erel and all the members who helped me over the last few years.
The B4X gave my life a direction.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I had some difficulties at the beginning, I couldn't find materials in my language (PORTUGUESE) and my English was terrible (today is still bad :p),
Your site is also in Portuguese only. You should add English ;)
Seu site também está apenas em português. Você "deve" adicionar inglês ;) (Google Translator 😁)

Portfolio - aplicativos (apps) 6 only?
https://iddesenvolvimento.com.br/portfolio/portfolio.php

Also, I was not able to find them on Google Play 🙄 (I searched for "iBrew", "CheckCar" and "ID Desenvolvimento")

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My sincere congratulations!
Do you mind to share some insights about main steps you experienced along the road?

1. Early 2014 you had a few apps, each earning cents of dollar
2. Something happended to boost each app to the $1-5 a day revenue
3. You met knowledgeable and trusted people who shared your vision to flood the market with hundreds of apps. In the early days they worked for nothing or something very close to nothing, I guess.
4. Most of the apps where able to earn those same $1-5 (or more) a day during the years

BTW, Google and Apple (along with your tax authority) enjoyed your success as much as you did..:D

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Great story! I'm proud to be part of your success :)

@Douglas, I'm adding it to the blog.
wow, many thx Erel :)

A very inspiring story Douglas!
Beautiful website too! Congrats
Thank you!

Your site is also in Portuguese only. You should add English ;)
Seu site também está apenas em português. Você "deve" adicionar inglês ;) (Google Translator 😁)

Portfolio - aplicativos (apps) 6 only?
https://iddesenvolvimento.com.br/portfolio/portfolio.php

Also, I was not able to find them on Google Play 🙄 (I searched for "iBrew", "CheckCar" and "ID Desenvolvimento")
Hi LucaMs.
At the moment our focus is only in Brasil, maybe one day we can expand to other countries, I would like it very much.

About the apps I decided not to post on the site for some reasons.
- Spam, it would be a huge list
- Banned apps, many apps have been banned from 2014 to today
- Copies (some people copied everything and posted it on google play, including layout and texts etc ...)
- The projects listed on the website are from customers.
Some projects are internal, not always on google play, Ibrew for example is an application developed for breweries, it works locally with a web panel and an application.
- Internal applications, are applications that generate profit for the company, there is no need to disclose them to the public, they generate revenue from advertising and the company does not need to talk about it, it generates less competition.
- There are projects that the client does not authorize to post.
- There are projects for adult people over 18+, which would not be suitable to post on the website or here on the forum, Erel knows which one I'm talking about 😄

I have posted many applications here on the forum, I ended up creating spam in the 100's club, almost all of them were banned today 🙁, so in order not to be posting and deleting every moment I decided not to post anymore.
any other questions can call me in private, I'm happy to answer :)

My sincere congratulations!
Do you mind to share some insights about main steps you experienced along the road?

1. Early 2014 you had a few apps, each earning cents of dollar
2. Something happended to boost each app to the $1-5 a day revenue
3. You met knowledgeable and trusted people who shared your vision to flood the market with hundreds of apps. In the early days they worked for nothing or something very close to nothing, I guess.
4. Most of the apps where able to earn those same $1-5 (or more) a day during the years

BTW, Google and Apple (along with your tax authority) enjoyed your success as much as you did..:D

Hi udg.
Thank you!

1 - Yes, at the beginning of 2014 I already had about 10 to 20 applications that I developed myself, before founding the company.
2 - Yes, when you create applications for different areas you end up seeing which one is more profitable, there are several areas that are better than others, so I always focus on the most profitable ones, I am always researching what is the trend of the moment and creating applications.

The good thing about creating a lot of apps is this, you know quickly which one gives you the most profit and keeps working on it.

What also helped a lot was AdWords.
Advertising apps within google play with adwords is very good.

3 - Yes, fortunately I have a great partner, he helped me a lot with marketing at the beginning.

All the other team members were hired from the beginning with a good salary, obviously I started with an employee, then I expanded ...

They have always received good salaries, I highly value my team, we travel with the team once a year, in addition to games and parties, each goal completed in the company has a bonus in the salary and a celebration.

31956332_1452602611551781_2678793633913634816_o.jpg80619319_2878085412221656_4075078366447796224_o.jpg

it all started in my house, in a small room that turned into an office.
16804186_1090677037744342_6697304696967387745_o.jpg16836380_1090677114411001_6023544961574920045_o.jpg16904725_1090677291077650_7710430569837238193_o.jpg

today we created a company office, with video game, pool table etc ...
always thinking about the team :).

4 - as I said earlier, the good thing about creating a lot of apps is that you find out which one is more profitable.

We discovered many applications and they all varied a lot, there were applications that generated 1 to 5 and others that generated 1/2/5/30/50 / 70k +, it was enough to discover and focus the work on them.

For example this ....
https://g1.globo.com/economia/seu-dinheiro/noticia/apps-informais-do-fgts-surfam-onda-de-contas-inativas-e-faturam-ate-r-70-mil-por- .......

G1 is the largest news site in Brazil, they posted about an application of ours that earned more than 70 thousand per month, obviously applications like these helped the company to grow a lot, and this news was not the only one.

There are most applications that give little money, you really have to search, trying and testing until you find a good one, it's almost like playing the lottery.

I remind everyone that I'm sharing my information to encourage beginners just like I did.
Everyone can achieve their goals and B4X can help, just as it has helped me.

thank you all again.

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That motivates me mega! Congratulations!
it all started in my house, in a small room that turned into an office.
here i'm now, but with bigger screens ^^
20200207_194119.jpg
today we created a company office, with video game, pool table etc ...
always thinking about the team :).
and thats my goal for the next years. :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
your office looks really awesome. a dream of a lot of us. I hope one day to upload a video to this forum of my own office (if I will ever get to open one) :)

Last edited:

Bob Spielen

Licensed User
Im always proud to have Douglas as a friend. In fact we call him here in our Brazilian b4x-Forum, as
"uncle" Douglas just because he is always helpful to all members helping in any situation...
and what is also noteworthy is that Douglas Farias makes periodic donations and charities to needy people ....
Congrats my best friend!!!!

Last edited: