Android Question Need Android phone emulator

chuck3e

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am producing a free app for both Android and Apple phones. I am finished coding my app and it tests good on a couple of Androids and two iPhones, a 6 and an 8. I had to make adjustments to fit each brand and each model so I'm sure there are others I don't know about. I am developing on a Windows PC and a borrowed iPhone and I don't have access to a Mac.

Is there a low cost emulator I can get to see if other phone models will have problems? I have done an online search but I trust this forum's opinion more than a website's advertisement. While I do enjoy developing this app, I probably won't be developing any more so it doesn't make sense for me to buy an emulator. The Apple version has already cost me about $200 for the compiler and Developer license.

Erel, If this question violates any product endorsement policy you have for the forum, you may remove it, and I won't be offended.

I put this question on a B4i thread also.

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
There are thousands of phones there, and you can't say, you want to get your hands on all devices. The best advice is to know how to use anchors and designer scripts very well. Knowing them will make your layout Responsive (adjusted dynamically) on all devices.

Upvote 0

chuck3e

Licensed User
Longtime User
Indeed, mcqueccu, your suggestions are good ones, and I do use those. Thank you for those. Through trial and error I was able to make my app look proper on two different phone sizes with the help of anchors but I have no idea if it looks right on any others. I still have doubts. I realize I can't check all thousands but I hate to go production without checking at least a few more that are different sizes.

Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
My friend and accomplished member here uses Genymotion emulator.

Last edited:
Upvote 0