LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Great, very useful.

Try-Catch-End Try

and I'm thinking to other blocks, otherwise Erel could be bored :D

[P.S. #Region - #End Region]

I would insert also "Log(LastException.Message)" in the Catch section (the developer can easily delete it).

Select Case - End Select

Do While - Loop

Too bad that there is the possibility of publishing the "Wish"; as work, I would like to make the prompter (well-paid :D). In fact, the best job possible is the critic!

Adding automatically closing brackets and quotes?
One recent feature is Activity_LoadLayout("HereABalFileName. I would add the brackets.
Same, for example, when the user writes "Log(, I would add ) and set the cursor after the first parenthesis.

Stop, I should work, not flooding this thread :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, it is a feature implemented for the next version of B4A.

It also completes the other types of blocks (except of #region and #if which are treated differently by the parser).

I would insert also "Log(LastException.Message)" in the Catch section (the developer can easily delete it).
Good idea.

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
will this be extended to next versions of B4J and B4I too (considering the underlying IDE is the same)?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
i would guess YES as the three share the same base IDE as far as i know of.
That's correct.

@Erel please share more new features
During the development of B4i v2.0 and B4J v3.50 many small improvements and bug fixes were made. Therefore I want to release the next B4A version quite soon.
The major new feature is the starter service (https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/new-feature-starter-service.56923/). This is an important feature that makes it much easier to correctly handle the activities and services life-cycle.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you know that great feature...
when you write "Sub " + TAB and the cursors waits for the "event name"?

Imagine:
you write a call to a sub which requires n parameters; the editor creates
(,,,) and the cursor moves in the right positions after your Tab.

Hard to implement, I know, but...!

(I hope I have explained well enough. If not, be prepared to study Italian :p)

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How will it be working if to add new "if" into already existing "if" ?

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This looks like a perfect implementation of a wish list I submitted a while back.

This is not the right place, as usual (you should be used to it, Erel :D) but I would like to know why you have not implemented one of the "Wish" which I think is very useful: the management of code snippets. Is it more complicated than I imagine? (this, in fact, may be one reason: often I think that develop a certain sw is easy and then I meet a thousand small obstacles).

Upvote 0