Games New game company name suggestions?

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Luca,

as written several times before it's the ratio of clicks vs impressions that is what makes you earn well or not.

I'd rather have 10 clicks a day with only 500 impressions than 500 clicks on 1.000.000 impressions.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Luca,

as written several times before it's the ratio of clicks vs impressions that is what makes you earn well or not.

I'd rather have 10 clicks a day with only 500 impressions than 500 clicks on 1.000.000 impressions.
What I meant is that, I think, you can earn also without clicks.
Unfortunately I have no personal experience nor did I really want to examine the matter but I think that if you get 100,000 views of bannes / interstitials, even without clicks, you earn a lot of money.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think admob might give something per 1000 or 10.000 impressions but it will be a real minimum without clicks.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it also depends on the advertiser on what he wants to spend and for what.

I can see on 1 app with 10 requests, 6 impressions, 0 clicks and I still got €0.01 for it.

so there must've been an advertiser that pays per impression.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
lol

it's hard to figure it out since too much factors are involved.

but I guess the more impressions from different devices the better as it raises chances to get clicks on new ads (people don't click an ad they saw already 347 times passing by)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
my invaders game shows 400k ads per month
... and you get £700 /M.

Playing Zynga Poker, you can see, often, 110,000 / 120,000 players online (included users who use different platforms, not Android only).
Let's say that my app (similar game) was able to get an average of 200 online players at any time of the day (Zynga gets at least 10,000, I think, so 1/50 is a more than reasonable quantity (?!)).

I show 1 interstitial every 5 minutes (+ fixed banner), then 24h * 60m / 5m = 288 interstitials * 200 players = 57,600 interstitials / DAY, 1,728,000 / Month.

1,728,000 / your 400k = 4,32 x £700 = £3,024 = €3,469/month.

Ok, I can... accept :p

Only one thing is missing: my app :D

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you can't estimate anything like I wrote earlier.

with 50K interstitials you might get around 10-100+/day but it's all click depending.

the same app with the same amount of active players and the same amount of impressions can suddenly earn 1/5th of the previous month. (less clicks due to the same/no_new ads being send all the time?)

this rollercoaster behaviour is everyone seeing after a while.

just try it and see where you get.

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You're right.

Also, Zynga Poker, with its 50M+ downloads (just Android, how many players use their browser/flash player?), shows... zero ads; it earns through in-app billings only! This is incredible for me but it is a reality.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
that's a different model than most of our apps.

the players can win real money aswell I guess? so they sell virtual coins and have their cut on plays or something.

that model is hard to push on a space invaders clonse besides an ad remover or maybe some weapon stuff.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I like "Coffee Induced Games"
i think you should keep it, you could maybe change the logo and put a coffee cup in it and it would make more sense.

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
in my opinion, you were featured by a youtuber or an article and that boost your downloads.
Evaluating this hypothesis again (and continuing to be off topic, sorry :()...
If so, you should get a sudden increase of downloads which, however, should last relatively little, at most a week, as a possible video of an "influencer" or an article does not normally have a long life, in the sense that, even if it remains on the WEB, it will end up among old things, it will not be watched / read often.

About the game company name... are you (@andymc ) sure that you will develop games only? If "tomorrow" you will publish a very useful app, will you create a new "company" (new Google developer account)?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Evaluating this hypothesis again (and continuing to be off topic, sorry :()...
If so, you should get a sudden increase of downloads which, however, should last relatively little, at most a week, as a possible video of an "influencer" or an article does not normally have a long life, in the sense that, even if it remains on the WEB, it will end up old things, it will not be watched / read often.

thats not correct. the whole idea in marketing is to get lots of downloads and then be visible in the market. as soon as you are visible in the market and will be in first place if someone search for "Invaders" then you have a very good chance to keep that download rate.

so its all about to have a good boost and of course to have a well-done app.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the whole idea in marketing is to get lots of downloads and then be visible in the market.
Are you referring to "this" specific market (apps)?

Maybe we could check if things went this way. If before the publication of the first Andy's app many other similar apps existed and had several downloads, I think that things have not gone as you are saying.

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User