iOS Question new searhview problem

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I have a little problem with the new searchview. In the older version (1.10) When the list of search results were invisible ( after clicking to an item in the list) the button placed under the list( where the search results are printed) was clickable but now it is not( it is in the back altough there is no list view visible )

I tried to bring the button to front with each searchview_itemclick but this time if the user searchs something again , the button is above the list of searched items. Is there an way to fix it ?

also, in the designer , the searchview has option to be visible or not. But in the ode module i cant set .visible . Do I still need to use a panel to hide the view ?

ty

Last edited:

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
Why cant we change the visible of searchview altough with the new version it is a custom view ? I need to hide and show the searchview but i cant manage it without puting it into panel..
You are correct. I've changed the implementation of SearchView to fix it.
The new implementation fixes another issue related to the keyboard height calculation. It is based on a new method which will be available in the stable version.

I will post it once v2.50 is released.

Upvote 0

JanPRO

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I tried searchview.getbase.visible
Do you have also set et.visible = false ?

you can add the following sub to the SearchView class:
B4X:
'Sets whether the SearchView is visible
Sub SetVisible(Visible As Boolean)
    et.Visible = Visible
    GetBase.Visible = Visible
End Sub

Jan

Upvote 0