iOS Question Path too long when building bridge-app

Gx2

Licensed User
B4i version: 4.01
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Compiling code. (0.13s)
Building designer app. (0.01s)
Building Xcode project Error
Het opgegeven pad, de bestandsnaam of beide zijn te lang. De volledig gekwalificeerde bestandsnaam moet minder dan 260 tekens bevatten en de mapnaam minder dan 248 tekens.

Hi, when i try to build the bridge-app i get error above.

i read both:

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...-name-or-both-are-too-long.77822/#post-492891

and the proposed solution:

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...to-compile-correctly.77534/page-2#post-491855

but these proposals do not seem to help ..

my projectfolder at moment is d:\zwbereken but also tried d:\project\zwbereken and more, i keep getting the same error on my laptop, with windows 8.1 installed.. any ideas anyone?

Gx2

Licensed User
Erel, i tried installing B4I on another PC and than i got passed that error, got a diff error, see below.

Anyway so on my laptop i deinstalled, reinstalled, this time, like i did on my other Pc, in the default location 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\B4i' (Prior i had it installed on D:\B4X\B4I) another difference is that the JDK was 131 i updated to latest 141/144.

Now on my laptop that particular error above is gone also, however i do have the below error wich i'm assuming i did something wrong with the signing (maybe you can answer that), but i will look at that tomo, it's kinda late now.

new error:
B4i version: 4.01
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Compiling code. (0.03s)
Building designer app. (0.01s)
Building Xcode project (0.03s)
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Error: security: SecKeychainDelete: The specified keychain could not be found.

Out: Build settings from command line:
ARCHS = armv7
CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone
CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload
OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain <user id>
PRODUCT_NAME = B4i-Bridge
PROVISIONING_PROFILE = [removed the key that was here manually so not to show publicly]

=== BUILD TARGET B4iProject OF PROJECT B4iProject WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===

Check dependencies
Provisioning profile "Development" doesn't include any certificate for which the matching private key is installed in the keychain.
Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 10.1'

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
Check dependencies
(1 failure)

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually the error can be seen in the project you sent me. For some reason it recursively copied the projects folder.

SS-2017-07-28_09.34.35.png

I'm still not sure what causes it.

Does it compile properly if you reinstall B4i in the default location?

About the second error, it looks like you haven't created the keys correctly. In such cases it is simplest to delete all keys and start from scratch.

Note that you don't need a development certificate at all. Use a distribution (ad hoc) certificate.

Upvote 0

Gx2

Licensed User
Actually the error can be seen in the project you sent me. For some reason it recursively copied the projects folder.

SS-2017-07-28_09.34.35.png

I'm still not sure what causes it.

Does it compile properly if you reinstall B4i in the default location?

About the second error, it looks like you haven't created the keys correctly. In such cases it is simplest to delete all keys and start from scratch.

Note that you don't need a development certificate at all. Use a distribution (ad hoc) certificate.

Yes it does compile properly after reinstall to the default location, i redid the certification, now i get no error at compile time, however i still get connection lost when i browse to the designated site to install the app, at installation i get connection lost. Could that have to do with the UDID somehow?

It seems however that reinstalling to the default location did the trick here regarding the 'path too long' error ..

Upvote 0

Gx2

Licensed User
Hi Erel, it is working now :) Reinstalling to the default Folder fixed the 'path too long error' and the connection lost error i talked about in my last post was caused by myself not enabeling the certificate i installed on the iPhone.

Thanks for the great support!

Upvote 0